Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 05:26:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Simulationist experiment - FC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simulationist experiment - FC  (Read 4632 times)
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »

Ok, so here goes:

Campaign Qualities
Complex Heroes
Deadly Combat
Fast Interests
Greater Magic Items
Rare Magic Items
Savage Wilds
Sorcery (Corrupting Magic)

Available Sources
Fantasy Craft (obviously)
Adventure Companion (Chapter 4 only)
FC Database - with prior GM approval

Species
Banned Species: Drake, Elf, Ogre and Rootwalker

Drakes have nothing to do with the "lesser" races.
Elves have not been seen since the demons came.
Ogres are considered nothing more than the fevered dreams of sun-stroked sailors who ventured too far west.
Rootwalkers have never existed.

While Giants rarely become PC's, I have no objections to such.

Goblins differ from those presented in the main book.
(click to show/hide)

Feats
Elemental backgrounds (such as Elemental Heritage or Lava-Born) are prohibited.

Starting Level
Level 3
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:13:07 PM by ludomastro » Logged

MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:45:21 PM »

What's the general campaign tone?

I was thinking of a Pech Adventurer Explorer. Depending on tone, I might add a fedora and a bullwhip.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »

Tone: semi-serious

Not so much that it puffs up at it's own importance but not so little that no one takes it seriously either.

MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »

OK, here are three concepts. I will make a final choice when I see what other players are taking.

1. Pech Adventurer Explorer: treasure seeker, high roller, ... ladies' man??
    Will definitely purchase ranks in Heroic reknown, and the phrase he will hear most often is "I thought you    were taller."

2. Ruthless Sorcerer Mage Demonologist: dark knowledge and power abounds in the ruins, ready for the taking. What a useful tool it could be, for those who can remain in control....

3. Orc or Human mercenary Soldier with Daemonic Heritage: there is nothing but danger and darkness in the ruins, yet they sing and call of a lost legacy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:41:37 AM by MikeS » Logged
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »

What is unborn tech like?

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »

Unborn tech is mostly unexplained.  None of the unborn seem able to explain where they came from.  Those that have made a study of the Unborn seem able to repair them but are unable to create new ones.

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 02:57:02 AM »

So would Arcee as a personal lieutenant be out of place?

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »

So would Arcee as a personal lieutenant be out of place?

Yes.

Keep in mind that many people have never actually seen an Unborn and wouldn't know how to react to them on the best of days.  Thus, a humanoid robot could be fine; however, a robot that changes into an obviously mechanical vehicle would be ... problematic.  Problematic in the torch and pitchfork kind of way.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »

Get a size upgrade and pretend your PC is the armor of the Personal Lieutenant?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »

You know, the fact that we can even have this discussion about a "fantasy" game is a testament to the awesome built into FC.

-----

However, I'm not a big fan of gonzo fantasy or science fantasy - though, for what I have in mind, some science fantasy is OK for this game.

Doublebond
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »

I seem to make a steady habit of always discovering these threads just late enough to miss out participating in the ensuing campaign. As it's not quite clear from the thread itself, is the party for this venture already established, or is there room for one more? So far as concept is concerned, I'm taken with the idea of a Pech (Ghost-Eye or Dark-Earth) Mist Dancer, though any advice concerning how best to build that would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:41:26 PM by theManUnknown » Logged
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

As of yet, we have not decided on this one.  It is still open so you are welcome to post your idea - which I guess you just did.

I'll have to have some help as I've never played a Mist Dancer in any system and don't have the Crafty Mist Dancer PDF.  What exactly are you looking to do?

Doublebond
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »

Well, I suppose it's more a question of which classes my first four levels should be. I've been leaning towards a 3 Burglar/1 Mage as I like the idea of him being an amazing thief with a few arcane tricks up his sleeve as a opposed to a particularly sneaky wizard, but (as always happens whenever I use a class for the first time) I'm worried I might end up handicapping the character. I think I'll start with 2 Burglar / 1 Mage and then I can decide what to do with the remaining level by ear when the time comes.

On another note, how useful do you think Darkvision II might end up being in this campaign?
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »

Well, Burglar 2/ Mage 1 works for me.

Eliminating penalties is always a good thing.  Seeing as you want an amazing thief, I could see (no pun intended) being able to navigate while the city watch trips over themselves and calls for torches a very good thing.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »

This game thread has not seemed to generate enough interest for me to run this experiment.  Ah well.

I'm working on a setting anyway.  I may post an invitation to that when the time comes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: