Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 01:53:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Jumanji! [Gauging Interest]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jumanji! [Gauging Interest]  (Read 3272 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »

9-year old shy kid that doesn't fit into any particular crowd, and has pretty good knowledge of some rather obscure trivia.  Also cartoons, he likes his cartoons.

Popular saturday morning cartoons include:

Superfriends
Scooby's Allstars
Fantastic Four
Popeye
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Godzilla
Daffy Duck

Superfriends, Popeye, Godzilla and the FF have been going since last year (78) at least, but the other stuff is new. Scooby's Allstars replaced Scooby's Laff-a-lympics.

A bit of controversy, as Bugs, Roadrunner, Sylvester and Tweety, Woody Woodpecker, Pink Panther, Hong-Kong Phooey and Batman were all cancelled in the last 2 years.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 03:33:14 PM »

11-12year old, loves music, inspired by bands like ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd ows a very worn old Gibson, Parents are musicians and as such travels around a lot, never really fits in but he has his music

Mom and Dad have flown to London with Van Halen. The band's management refused to pay for a third plane ticket, so he's been relegated to spending the summer with his Grandparents. He's probably miserable as hell, and knows almost nobody.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Moebius
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »

This kid is 8 years old- lets call him Greg. His mom died when he was young, he has no memory of her. Dad re-married, but she cannot accept Greg. Nothing he does is good enough for her. Step-mom usually convinces dad that Greg is no good and a trouble maker. Most of the time dad confirms this. The real problem is Greg's older brother. He is good at sports. At all sports. Any sport Greg's older brother, Andy, tries he's very good at it. Greg tried them all, too. Looking for that one sport that he would be better than Andy at. He still can't find it and has pretty much given up. Greg is good at getting other kids to laugh. He's naturally funny, but this usually gets him in trouble with teachers and other authority figures. Here he fulfills his step-mother's prophecy, confirming what his dad suspects- and becomes the "bad kid". He will often accept dares to prove he is not afraid or that he can do it, too. He is a troubled kid starving for positive affection.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:58:28 PM by Moebius » Logged

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 03:24:25 AM »

This kid is 8 years old- lets call him Greg. His mom died when he was young, he has no memory of her. Dad re-married, but she cannot accept Greg. Nothing he does is good enough for her. Step-mom usually convinces dad that Greg is no good and a trouble maker. Most of the time dad confirms this. The real problem is Greg's older brother. He is good at sports. At all sports. Any sport Greg's older brother, Andy, tries he's very good at it. Greg tried them all, too. Looking for that one sport that he would be better than Andy at. He still can't find it and has pretty much given up. Greg is good at getting other kids to laugh. He's naturally funny, but this usually gets him in trouble with teachers and other authority figures. Here he fulfills his step-mother's prophecy, confirming what his dad suspects- and becomes the "bad kid". He will often accept dares to prove he is not afraid or that he can do it, too. He is a troubled kid starving for positive affection.

Brilliance.

Young Troublemaker, Charismatic Hero 1?

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 01:56:58 AM »

Ok, I think 3 people are in a place to start creating characters. Jim? We could do with an older sibling.

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 06:51:15 AM »

Just FYI, if it's 1979 consider:

The first D&D Basic Box set was released in 1977.
AD&D came out in 1978.
Star Wars premiered in 1977 (as did Close Encounters).
John Carpenter's Halloween was released in 1978 (as was Animal House).
Star Trek: The Motion Picture is set for release in December, and Trek itself is re-running on TV.
Also in re-runs would be Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Night Gallery, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

And of course, asthma inhalers were introduced in the 1950s, and by the 1970s were widespread.

Just a thought on a slightly older sibling.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:03:12 AM by Gentry » Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »

Not to mention that Battlestar Galactica and Starsky & Hutch ended last year. Nothing good on prime time anymore.

Gentry