Created by Azmuth in an attempt to foster cooperation between different races, each and every incarnation of the Omnimatrix (‘Omnitrix’ for short) has been twisted into a weapon. The Omnitrix provides wireless access to the Codon Stream, a database created to store the genetic code for millions of different sapient species. It rewrites the wearer’s DNA, transforming them into a completely new species.
The prototype Omnitrix was destroyed by its wielder, a human named Ben Tennyson, to prevent its capture. The current version – the Ultimatrix – is also carried by Tennyson, but with alternate timelines, parallel universes, dimensional travel and cheap knock-offs, there are a few spare units floating around here and there.
Item: Wrist Watch or Vambrace
• Anti-Tamper Mechanism (Each Counterfeit or Dismantle check targeting the Artifact inflicts 6d6 electrical damage)
• Greater NPC Quality (Codon Stream Access)
• Interest (+1 Study – Alien Life Forms)
• Self-Destruct (The Artifact may be set to self-destruct with 1 full action; after a 10 round count-down the Artifact is destroyed, inflicting 10d6 lethal damage with a blast increment of 1 square)
• Greater Spell Effect (Tongues II - 1 use per scene at Level 6-7, 2 uses per scene at Level 8-11, 3 uses per scene at Level 12-15, 4 uses per scene at Level 16-19, 5 uses per scene at Level 20)
• Lesser Spell Effect (Orient Self - 1 use per scene at Level 1-4, 2 uses per scene at Level 5-7, 3 uses per scene at Level 8-11, 4 uses per scene at Level 12-14, 5 uses per scene at Level 15-18, 6 uses per scene at Level 19-20)
Reputation Value: Priceless
Codon Stream Access (+10XP): Upon gaining this quality, the NPC should choose 10 Aliens to unlock from the Codon Stream Bestiary. With 1 full action, the NPC can assume the form of one of these Aliens. The NPC retains its own Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, as well as this quality. Additional Aliens may be unlocked by taking 2 full actions to scan a member of that species within 10 ft.
Whilst in the form of a Codon Stream Alien, the Omnitrix is always present and visible in the middle of the NPC’s chest, and it cannot be hidden or removed. The NPC may change back to their original form at any time, and they automatically do so after 10 minutes regardless of the circumstances. After use, this quality may not be used again for another 5 minutes.