Author Topic: Spycraft Third Edition Setting(s)  (Read 2147 times)

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
Re: Spycraft Third Edition Setting(s)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 06:30:43 PM »
So how will 10KB exist in relation to SC3?

Ten Thousand Bullets (10kB) will be powered by the Spycraft Third Edition game engine. It's my assumption - and I believe Alex's - that Empire City will exist in some way inside the default Spycraft world setting. As I describe above, this default is more of a patchwork tapestry based on your preferences than an official evolving world setting we all share, so the presentation should be pretty seamless.

What about adventure paths?

Our format is a bit different but this is exactly how "complete thought" settings like Series Archer will release. It's an excellent way for us to introduce bigger ideas that need to be fleshed out fully, and that include larger-than-normal rules expansions (like psionics). It also lets us release these settings separately of the default described above - you can plug them into your version of the default world but they don't naturally live there and you can play them entirely on their own if you want.

Alternate settings - and in fact all plug-ins for the default world - evolve based on your demand. If something like a Series Archer Case File sells well, then we follow it up with a sequel. Everything is built to be standalone just in case that doesn't happen, and Bob's your uncle.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

Google Plus:

In game terms, reality is broken.

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
Re: Spycraft Third Edition Setting(s)
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 08:01:35 AM »
Thanks for the update, Pat!

Living Spycraft Masterm