Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 02:05:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Hyper Armored Police Force GO!! (2.0 recruitment and setup)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hyper Armored Police Force GO!! (2.0 recruitment and setup)  (Read 3546 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »

This so makes me want to play a Tylor...

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »

Now you're just encouraging the character to be a robot bear who disguises himself as a suit of powered armor, with a petite catgirl or midget Personal Lieutenant who normally rides inside.  (Of course it would be a cloned and enhanced version of Wojtek's brain, that was cryogenically frozen in 1963, so the robot would drink and smoke.)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »

Please quit giving the guy ideas.  He doesn't need the help.

Case in point...

Now you're just encouraging the character to be a robot bear who disguises himself as a suit of powered armor, with a petite catgirl or midget Personal Lieutenant who normally rides inside.  (Of course it would be a cloned and enhanced version of Wojtek's brain, that was cryogenically frozen in 1963, so the robot would drink and smoke.)

Unless you can give a full and accurate (and balanced!) rulesway to pull this off, I'm gonna have to say no.
If you were saying the Orc had a bear's brain implanted in him, then sure, but this...  Undecided

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »

Unless you can give a full and accurate (and balanced!) rulesway to pull this off, I'm gonna have to say no.
"Corn-Fed" Unborn is what jumped right to mind.  That Corn-fed is a Talent and Unborn are a FantasyCraft species is not the point.  Okay, it is.  It totally is.  Truly Massive isn't for Unborn and was errata-ed out of FC.  (I would have suggested spending a Level 1 only feat to shift up one size category, from Medium to Large, reasonable.)

Or the whole Origin of the Species - Transmechs "book."  I'm quite willing to toss the alternate form And use the Mini-Mech feat for my "person."

Let me sleep on this, and I'll try to mush the Talent/Species/Feat down into something reasonable.  Or let me get drunk and I'll buy you Transmechs.  Or both.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:44:20 AM by MilitiaJim » Logged

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 01:18:07 AM »

Truly Massive was errata-ed out of FC.

I... did not notice that.  Huh?

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 05:45:15 AM »

Truly Massive was errata-ed out of FC.

I... did not notice that.  Huh?
Or at least I recall discussions that said it was.  Huge PCs apparently cause I lot more problems than large ones.

RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »

Or let me get drunk and I'll buy you Transmechs.

Hey, I might be new to this racket, but even I know that bribing the GM is a time honored tradition.    Grin

Also, if I get Transmechs, I can link foproy to a more obscure anime for ideas for his character.

(I use DrivethruRPG by the by)

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »

Now, see, if there are plenty of gun-toting, bazooka-wielding nutcases in the city, that doesn't make me unusual. I'll need a new concept, since to me there is nothing worse than the mundane or mediocre.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »

I'll need a new concept, since to me there is nothing worse than the mundane or mediocre.
You could be the "straight man." The old detective who has seen it all and gotten shafted to the loony bin for the last X time before he retires?

Though I really can't see how we would be anything but a private company.  What PD would be allowed a bear "armor"?

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »

You could be the "straight man."

My current character rides a hawg, smokes cigars and carries a .50AE Desert Eagle... and a single shot grenade launcher with HE grenades.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

You could be the "straight man."
My current character rides a hawg, smokes cigars and carries a .50AE Desert Eagle... and a single shot grenade launcher with HE grenades.
Next to a robot bear with the uplifted cloned WWII veteran?  Totally normal.

RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »

So we have a guy riding a sports cycle, a guy riding a hawg... I'm going to bet the bear will be riding rocket skates?  Or maybe riding in the back of a pickup...

Wait a second, what am I doing?!

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »

Wait a second, what am I doing?!
Setting us all up for AWESOME.  Why do you ask?  (The roller skates are a great idea.  Now we need someone who has a truck...)

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 12:47:12 AM »

maybe the truck is a mobile base and we all get around on some kind of personal ground vehicle. like some kind of super futuristic nightrider motorcycle gang.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

maybe the truck is a mobile base and we all get around on some kind of personal ground vehicle. like some kind of super futuristic nightrider motorcycle gang.

This. This is fucking awesome.

OTOBAI SENTAI SUGOKU-KEIKAN! GANBATTE!

(roughly translated: Motor Team Super-Cop! GO FOR IT!)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: