For the fear of these being lost to the sands of time, I'm reposting Jtraub's material up from the old boards with the format tidied up a bit.
(nothing new yet, just moved it)All material by J. Traub unless otherwise noted.
Sage advice by Morg. New Material in Sections in Flagged in RedRevised Material Flagged in Blue Check in and help me work on this Notes by Aziraphale are Flagged in GreenGeneral Rules: Cybernetics.
This statistic has a base value of 1 and you may assign Wealth points to it as standard. Your Cybernetics are made up of a number of gear picks as shown on Table 4.2 Possessions (See the Spycraft 2.0 Rulebook, page 212). Like Possessions, all Cybernetics items are chosen before the start of each mission, and you lose access to any that are not chosen at this time. Further, Cybernetics items may only be adjusted between missions. Unlike Possessions, each gear pick must be a Gadget pick, Skill Training Resource pick, Feat Training Resource pick that uses the characters own body as its housing. Finally, unlike other wealth statistics, wealth gained from your charisma bonus may not be used to increase Cybernetics.
You may have a maximum number of Cybernetics safely installed equal to your size+constitution modifier + wisdom modifier. This is your Cybernetics threshold.
To have gadget Cybernetics installed you must have a Cybernetics wealth statistic with the following exceptions.
- First, any character may have common miniature item gadget, taken as picks or possessions, installed with their own body as housing. These items still count against your threshold.
- Second, a Cybernetic that exactly duplicates a normal limb or body part (a prosthetic) does not count against your Cybernetics threshold or require a Cybernetics statistic.
Unsafe installation over the threshold has the following results
New Talents CyberPunk
- -1 Synergy Bonus for each unsafe installation (Max 5) to any Medicine check used on the character.
- +1 Synergy Bonus for each unsafe installation (Max 5) in Stress Damage against the character when a critical hit is scored by a special NPC.
- If your constitution is greater or equal to your wisdom and you have 3 or more unsafe installations you gain the feral quality.
- If your wisdom is greater your constitution and you have 3 or more unsafe installations you suffer a -3 Synergy bonus to Bluff, Bureaucracy, Impress, Manipulate, Networking and Streetwise Checks.
- If you have 5 or more unsafe installations you suffer all these penalties.
You have modified your body with any number of mechanical or nanite enhancements that connect directly to your central nervous system. You use this great boon to commit crimes, commit acts of war, hinder or support espionage or further your own fame.
- +2 to any 1 attribute, –2 to any 1 attribute.
- Choose 1 skill. This is always a class skill for you. Further, yout result cap with this sill increase by 5 (maximum 60).
- You gain an additional Wealth statistic: Cybernetics. This statistic has a base value of 1 and you may assign Wealth points to it as standard. Your Cybernetics statistic increases by +1 at Career Levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.
You've climbed the next rung on the evolutionary ladder - and you're prepared for how the people you've left behind are likely to react.
Talent added by Lord ZogNew Specialties Cyber Ops
- +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 any other.
- Resolve is always a class skill for you. Further, the result check cap is raised by 5 (max 60).
- You gain the Cultures (Post-Humanity) focus.
- Your base Defence increases by + 1.
- Your gain a +1 insight bonus with Initiative. This bonus increases by 1 at levels 4, 8, 12, 16 & 20
- Aberrant: The starting disposition of all standard characters when dealing with you is one step lower. Should they become aware of your talent, this penalty increases to 2 steps.
You have been modified by government or faction to serve a higher purpose. And blow things up.
New Basic Combat Feats Ghost in the Shell Your flesh is a distant memory, but so are it’s weaknesses. Prerequisites:
- Special: You may not take this specialty if you took the CyberPunk talent
- Special: You may not take this specialty if you are freelance
- Special: Bought and Sold: Your goverment or faction owns you, disobeying a direct order from a superior results in -5 reputation.
- Bonus Feat: Wired
- Once per mission, you may request A Caliber II Tradecraft Legal immunity pick without spending an action die or making the Request check.
- You gain one additional weapon proficiency (see page 28 ).
- You gain a + 1 bonus to Cybernetics. You gain an additional + 1 to Cybernetics at Career Levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20.
Career lvl 18+, Cybernetics 9+, More Machine than Man Benefits:
You are immune to critical hits and you never become fatigued from taking damage. Additionally you do not fall unconscious at -1 wounds and may continue to act until -10 wounds. After -10 wounds you may still take mental actions until you are destroyed. Finally your Cybernetics threshold increases by 3.[/color]More Machine than Man Your humanity seems less relevant everyday Prerequisite:
Career Level 12+, Cybernetics 5+, Upgraded Benefit:
You may choose any Cybernetics pick as if it was they are one caliber higher. If this results in a caliber higher then V, you gain one additional level 1 Cybernetics pick. In addition, multiple installations of a single mechanism to improve battery life count as a single mechanism against your Cybernetics Threshold. Full Borg Conversion Next Stop: Governor’s mansion, California USA Prerequisite:
Career Level 15+, More Machine then Man. Benefit:
You may choose any Cybernetics pick as if it was they are two caliber higher. This replaces any benfit from More Machine then Man. If this results in a caliber higher then V, you gain one additional level 1 Cybernetics pick. In addition, the Character may be considered a medium sized vehicle for the purpose of selecting gadgets. Street Lethal You survive by your augmented wits and well honed weapons. Prerequisite:
BAB 6+, Cybernetics 1+ Benefit:
You gain an insight bonus to initiative equal to ˝ your Cybernetics wealth statistic (rounded up). In addition, you may take non-Cybernetic Weapons (W) with your Cybernetics wealth, each such weapon is considered to have the Custom Grip or Custom handle upgrade. Finally, your Cybernetics threshold increase by 1. New Unarmed Combat Feats Null-Boxing Basics You have been trained to fight in low gravity with remarkable results in normal gravity Benefit:
Your are always considered to be in normal gravity for attack checks. Further, you gain the following stance and trick. Compensating Stance (Stance):
While in this stance you gain a +2 bonus to unarmed damage and a +2 Insight bonus to Athletics Checks. You may only take 5 ft steps while in this stance. Rail Punch (Trick):
You may make a unarmed full round attack with the AP(4) quality, howevr if you miss you become flat-footed.New Gear Feats Chip Interface You don't need to learn what you can plug right in Prerequisites:
Wetware, Int 12+, Wis 12+ Benefit:
Any Skill Training resource pick or Cybernetics are considered to have power +2. In addition you may take 2 Feat Training resource picks as Cybernetics. All Training Cybernetics count as a single mechanism against your Cybernetics threshold. Upgraded You have had some work done. Prequisite:
Cybernetics 1+ Benefit:
Your Cybernetics incease by 2 (Maximum 10) Wired Welcome to the future cowboy. Benefit:
You gain an additional Wealth statistic: Cybernetics. This statistic has a base value of 1 and you may assign Wealth points to it as standard. Wetware Your have undergone additonal sugery and therapy to perfect your link. Prerequisite:
Career Level 3+, Cybernetics 1+ Benefit:
Your are always considered to have the Neural Interface Cybernetic whoose caliber is equal to 1/5 your Agent Level (round up, Max 3) that does not count against your Cybernetics Threshold. In addition a a number of Cybernetic skill bonus gadgets equal to the Neural Interface power level count as a single mechanism against your Cybernetics Threshold. Finally, you may activate or deactivate a number of Cybernetic gadgets equal to Neural Link's power each turn as a free action- this may only be used on Cybernetic gadgets which do not perform a Check. New Tradecraft Feats Cybernetics Evaluation Every month into the shop to check on all those squeaky gears Prerequisite:
Cybernetics 1+ Benefit:
Your Cybernetics threshold increase by 3. In addition during the Intel phase you may spend a resources pick equal to the number of Cybernetics you have installed over your Cybernetic threshold to remove any negative side effects gained becuase of your Cybernetics. New Style Feats Mirror-Shades Sometimes chrome just looks better. Prerequisites:
Cybernetics 1+, Charisma 13+ Benefit:
When dealing with a NPC who has Cybernetics you gain an insight bonus to Impress, Networking and Streetwise Checks (Max 5) equal to ˝ your Cybernetics wealth statistic (rounded up). In addition you may assign wealth gained from your Charisma bonus to Cybernetics. Finally, your Cybernetics threshold increase by 1. Yes I do know a Super Intelligent Dolphin. You have the most unlikely of acquaintances. Prerequisite:
Networking 4+ Benefit:
When you gain a new contact you do not have to assign that contact right away. Once per mission you may spend one action die to assign a “stored” contact and gain one acquaintance grade contact with a related specialist of your choice as normal. Once this contact is assigned this contact may not be changed, and you may not improve an existing relationship in this fashion.New Gadgets (Cybernetics Only) Neural Interface.
All Cybernetics gadgets lose the handed quality.
|Caliber 1 ||Power 1 ||Complexity 30/+2|
|Caliber 2 ||Power 3 ||Complexity 40/+3|
|Caliber 3 ||Power 5 ||Complexity 50/+4|
Damage Save Gadget gives Damage Save x2 in Vitality.New Ranged Weapon Upgrades Smart (SMT) Special:
A character without a Neural Interface never benefits from this upgrade.
You may take a number of aim actions equal to your Neural Interface's power rating a turn with this weapon as free actions.New Melee Weapon Upgrades Micro-Filiment Edge I-II (MFE) Special:
Weapon must have keen quality. Each MFE upgrade costs 3 upgrades.
Both the threat and error range of this weapon increase by 1. You may take this upgrade 2 times. New Campaign Qualities Cyber Psycho
(+50 XP, Season Only)
Cybernetics while common often cause more harm then good, the experience of being modified often drives seemingly stable people into madness. Cybernetics Threshold for a character equals size+ the lower of either con modifier or wisdom modifier. In addition anytime a character with any Cybernetics fails a will or con save the GC may spend 2 action die to grant them the feral quality for the remainder of the sessionDeus Ex Machina
(-25 xp, Season Only)
Everything has a soul or a spirit - even a machine. While cybernetic characters may question if they retain a soul, even the most altered character retains control. There is no cap to the number of Cybernetics a character may safely have. In addition characters may choose Cybernetics from both Cybernetics and Possessions. The Edge
(-25 XP, Season Only)
The intangible mixture of luck and guts, or maybe the guardian angel, that lets the characters beat the odds when some lesser punk would have blown it. Each PC begins each session with 1 extra Action Die; the bonus action die has no effect on class abilities used a given number of times per session. Quality added by Lord_Kruelos Campaign Examples: Gibson
Big Budget, Corrupt, Cyber Psycho, Gritty, Freelance, Modular, Shoe String Budget, Style Over SubstanceShirow
Big Budget, Deus Ex Machina, Faction, Fast Feats, Modular, The Market, Thriller, Violent
The only question was the note on the damage save and Vitality. I assume he was saying that damage save gadget gives the character extra vitality since it's a part of his body. If anybody can clarify this I'll make it more clear above.