Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2014, 02:33:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Background Music
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Background Music  (Read 843 times)
ancientcampus
Recruit

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »

I really like picking background music when running tabletop RPGs. Does anyone have any ideas/favorites that are appropriate for the mistborn music?
oxinabox
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »

I like this: http://youtu.be/oShEy9VppXs
Apparently it is called Epic Age

A New Dusk: Alloy of Law Adventure Game
http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6148
With twinborn, compounders, guns, explosives
---
Please stop titling topics: "Quick Question" etc.
It isn't helpful
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

What types of encounters are you envisioning? For example, there are a number of great classical pieces/waltzes that would be appropriate as background music while the heroes are attending a formal ball.

Outside of that, I like a number of game soundtracks for their ability to convey mood/atmosphere. Most notably, pretty much anything by Jeremy Soule (Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars, etc.) or Inon Zur (Dragon Age, Prince of Persia, etc.) fills my fantastic music needs. If nothing from the two of them suits your fancy (which I'm guessing to be pretty unlikely), I can drop a few more names.
MistbornDave
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »

I plan on having Midnight Syndicate running in the background of my games. just for setting mood.  Not just for combat or special scenes though, through out the game.

Check out my blog '7+ Ward Save'
http://7upwardsave.blogspot.com/

"I'm a thief, not a prophet. Sometimes, we just have to be what the job requires."
ancientcampus
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »

My upcoming session involves a heist at a formal ball, planning said heist somewhere in the slums, and possible combat.

So yeah, if anyone has any classical music recommendations, as well as anything else, I'm all ears.

I will share my own recommendations too, when I have them together. We can try to put together a big list for anyone who wants it.
MistbornDave
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

Midnight Syndicate has a lot of dark classical music, you might want to give them a listen.

Check out my blog '7+ Ward Save'
http://7upwardsave.blogspot.com/

"I'm a thief, not a prophet. Sometimes, we just have to be what the job requires."
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 03:17:08 AM »

I read the books with a combination of Tron Legacy soundtrack, Texhnolyze soundtrack, Casshern soundtrack, The Fountain soundtrack and Hybrid's Break My Soul (instrumental). I can no longer seperate them in my mind.
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »

After the overdose of heist/con movies and tv series in the last few days I keep thinking that this needs some jazz :-)

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
ComicJam
Agent

Bullet Dodger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 04:33:42 AM »

I read the books with a combination of Tron Legacy soundtrack, Texhnolyze soundtrack, Casshern soundtrack, The Fountain soundtrack and Hybrid's Break My Soul (instrumental). I can no longer seperate them in my mind.

Amen!

I've got so many soundtracks that I cannot list them all.
Though try anything from any Christopher Nolan films (Inception and The Prestige are my favourites) and the remake of Battlestar Gallactica soundtrack.

Cheers! Cheesy

Aminar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »

Were I to do that I'd be using movie soundtracks and themed albums like Nox Arcana and flit between them for the feel i want.  Good choices for Mistborn-Sherlock Holmes-the Guy Ritchie movies.  The Batman Soundtracks from the last three movies.  A little Indian Jones every now and again.  A little Bit of music based on Poe and some good old patriotic revolution music.
Gargoyle
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »

Corvus Corax comes to mind. We've also used Ecstasy of Gold, though for a different game.
There is a list somewhere about the Dominances being based off of real world cultures (Spanish, French, etc.)
Use traditional music depending on the dominance, especially at balls.
Anyone else?

EDIT:
Star Wars. Always.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:16:36 PM by Gargoyle » Logged
Fenrirman
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »

This thread has some really good tracks, some of the suggested soundtracks can give you story ideas by themselves! If you have a standing playgroup, odds are you know what kind of music will get a reaction out of them, this can be very helpful, for example, in introducing Villains or other important NPCs by assigning them a "signature track" (think Darth Vader and the Imperial March).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: