Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 11:55:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Recruiting] Sunchaser: Storms in Fogu (Gonzo Fantasy in the Sunchaser setting)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Recruiting] Sunchaser: Storms in Fogu (Gonzo Fantasy in the Sunchaser setting)  (Read 2045 times)
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »

Storms are gathering that will shake the very foundation of the world...

I'm looking to run a short, 4-5 Scene 1-shot toying around with an adventure idea, and I'm going to loosely set it in the Sunchaser setting since I was thinking a gonzo, anime-inspired adventure anyway, the Thousand-River Valley will suit nicely.

Era: Feudal

Campaign Qualities
Dangerous Monsters
Dramatic Pacing
Miracles (warring universe)
Sorcery (wild magic)

Formatting Guidelines
Actions/Mechanics: bold, and please keep it in a spoiler tag to keep the thread tidy

Dice Rolling
Players: Use www.invisiblecastle.com
GM: I'll make rolls independently (to keep it quick), however, if you guys need to make a saving throw or opposed skill roll then i'll roll it using the website to speed things up.

Combat
I'll roll independently and post everyone's initiative, then everyone else should post their action using a single post within two days. If you fail to post in this window then i'll decide your action and roll using the website.

Before getting into character creation, Id like to see a brief concept for your character first
Character Building
Characters start at Career Level 6 (600 silver, 60 Reputation)
Anything in FantasyCraft Core or Adventure Companion is fair game

Any interest?
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:43:24 AM »

I'm interested, but i'm not sure what as. It's a great setting, but there are a lot of options...

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 01:03:31 AM »

pech knife fighter martial artist.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 03:03:36 AM »

I am somewhat tempted to make a Keeper kung-fu doctor... I'll ruminate on it, see if I can hash out a concept I'm interested in.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:58 AM »

Ok: Human Striking Fighter; Soldier 4/Edgemaster 2

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »

Can we purchase magic items?

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 06:00:30 AM »

I'll throw my hat in the ring

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 06:50:06 AM »

Here he is  - no name as yet.

(click to show/hide)

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »

Can we purchase magic items?

Sure. You can spend your starting Reputation any way you see fit.

Also, I'm sure you've noticed that I shamelessly borrowed a lot of your formatting notes Smiley
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »

Also, respectfully, I'm going to say anyone in the [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata game is not eligible for this one
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »

So when I purchase a magic item, do I have to shell out the silvers for the base item too, or just spend the rep?

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:27 PM »

So when I purchase a magic item, do I have to shell out the silvers for the base item too, or just spend the rep?

Hmm. Wasn't there a thread debating that awhile back?
My gut response without searching it out is: yes, my second thought is that there should be some kind of reasonable threshold below which you shouldn't have to, since the Reputation cost is significant enough.

How about this as a quick-kludge: Yes, but only if the base item (modified by any crafting/upgrades that aren't part of the reputation cost) cost > (Legend + Lifestyle)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »

That sounds more than reasonable. I'll get shopping. Is the basic build ok?

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

RAW given the formulae of max purchase = Rep * 10 and base max Prizes = total Renown + 1, you need to have at least 1 rank in Renown before you can buy anything with a Rep cost.

Also, what about giants as a PC option?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:39:05 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »

RAW given the formulae of max purchase = Rep * 10 and base max Prizes = total Renown + 1, you need to have at least 1 rank in Renown before you can buy anything with a Rep cost.

Since at Renown 0, your max prizes = 0+1, not sure I agree with that reading.

Edit: Ah, I see, you meant to say Reputation cost up to 10 your total Renown., your initial wording was less clear.

Ok, so buy a level of Renown if you want a prize.

Also, what about giants as a PC option?

Since we're loosely setting it in Sunchaser, let's stick to the species it defines in the AC (p.92)
Species: Drake, Dwarf, Elf, Human, Pech, Rootwalker, Saurian
Edit: Ogre, Orc, and Goblin are also allowable, however given the association with the Crone in the setting, I'm going to impose a penalty, where PCs with these Species suffer a -5 to Disposition of characters not in service to the Crone (stacks with the Ogre's Reviled, so -15 for Ogres)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:53:09 PM by LordKruelos » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: