Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 05:00:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Spellbound Update: Is that the finish line? Way over there?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spellbound Update: Is that the finish line? Way over there?  (Read 30151 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »

Right now I'm predicting a February 30th release.
I've got my bits on January 32nd.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Shaneomac135
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »

maybe we can all hope for a christmas miracle
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

What year?

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »

What year?

You know.. they're totally going to be like.. "Oh.. btw.." <BAZINGA!> "RELEASED!" as we start to be on 2027.  Either that, or they'll develop Hostess syndrome and then we'll never have any D20 Twinkies ever again....   Undecided
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2012, 02:31:47 AM »

Sigh. So this wasn't even supposed to be my project. It wasn't. I didn't come up with it back in the day, and my work on it was supposed to be limited to balance testing and system editing. Somehow it's become my all-consuming albatross in 2012, which makes me more grievously sad than you can possibly imagine.

I have other things I want and need to be doing, but the reality of it is that my job at Crafty is very complicated, and not easily ignored - especially when I have to be involved on the ground floor with other projects that are launching, and occasionally with ongoing projects that misstep. It's been especially bad though this year, as we've been taking several important steps to make sure the company sticks around for years to come - it will - and those steps were neither small nor quick. 

At Gen Con I mentioned to a few people that Spellbound is my only current creative effort. That's true, at least on the home front, and had I wound up at home for most of the last two months things would be much further along than they are, but I wasn't - and when the summit hit and I had to trek up to Portland to work on Spycraft Third I couldn't just beg off to hammer on Fantasy Craft stuff, because that's not how it works.

So where are we? Further along than the last milestone update (where I'd finally polished off the blasted spell grids)? Yes. Much further along? Not really. The good news is that except for holidays and one personal weekend at the end of November I'm largely unshackled through the end of the year, and while the business of the company hasn't vanished it does tend to slow down a bit this time of year. Alex and I have also restructured a bit to carve out clearer creative spaces for each other through the week (which in turn will mean some email doesn't get answered very quickly, and some reviews don't happen quite as fast as they could, but so it goes - we need to get this monolithic arcane sprawl off my plate before it drives me to go all Falling Down on my little corner of SoCal).

I'll do my best to update you as it goes, but please be gentle. This book has taken its toll, and I'm not quite as... stable* as I'd prefer.

* Yeah, "stable." Let's go with that. Seems legally neutral enough.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

With the best intentions, I'd suggest a tequila banana....

In all seriousness, Pat, we love you for what you do and lengths you put yourself through sometimes to achieve it. Thanks for soldiering forward.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2012, 08:54:08 AM »

Thanks for the support, folks - here and over in the Spycraft Third board. I appreciate it. Really do.

Re-reading that post, I appear to have come off somewhat more downtrodden than I intended, but in the interest of maintaining board integrity and also because sometimes it's as much what you say when your fingers are acting on their own as when you're thinking every word through, I'll let it stand.

It is very nice to see the interest is still there. I'd hate to get all the way to the end of this and have the bus pull into an empty station.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

I suppose we could line up some trips make you more downtrodden by actually trodding upon you, but adding amaretto and vodka to dark chocolate milk is better.   Grin

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2012, 10:34:10 AM »

It is very nice to see the interest is still there. I'd hate to get all the way to the end of this and have the bus pull into an empty station.

Empty?  Nah.  Ravenous Zombies.. welll......  Shocked  And.. I dunno what these kids above me are drinking.. but Ginger Ale and Jameson.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »

This is the only gaming product (that I know of) that I am looking forward to coming out, not counting Gear for the Ages.
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:15 AM »

Cup of tea.

Failing that, warm brandy and a big slice of chocolate cake.

Good luck with it!  I know what it's like to be overcommitted.
Salvatos
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »

I'd hate to get all the way to the end of this and have the bus pull into an empty station.
While not on that kind of scale, I do know what you feel. But impatient though we are, I think the overwhelming majority here understands that this isn't a huge company that can afford entire teams for every product and that it'll be "ready when it's done."

Don't see our blabbering here as discontent, but a show of our continued support. We're cheering in the stands while you push your car through the finish line Wink

And my money is ready for when that happens  Cool
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »

... but Ginger Ale and Jameson.
I prefer my Jameson with ice or with Champagne.  (The Regimental Cocktail is two parts Champagne with one part Jameson.  (Prosecco and sparkling whites also work, drier tends to be better, but extra dry is a bit too dry, YMMV)

Failing that, warm brandy and a big slice of chocolate cake.
That also sounds good.   Smiley

Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »

Thanks for the support, folks - here and over in the Spycraft Third board. I appreciate it. Really do.

Re-reading that post, I appear to have come off somewhat more downtrodden than I intended, but in the interest of maintaining board integrity and also because sometimes it's as much what you say when your fingers are acting on their own as when you're thinking every word through, I'll let it stand.

Dunno about the others, but the interest is still here. Spellbound and Gear of Ages are the two books I want the most. Even more than Spycraft 3.
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: