Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 02:55:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Spellbound Update: Is that the finish line? Way over there?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spellbound Update: Is that the finish line? Way over there?  (Read 27575 times)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

I go back to L5R with AEG in 1995 and Pat did contribute to 7th Sea in 1999 - 2001 until the now known Classic Spycraft came out. So I am right there with you.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2012, 01:19:39 AM »

Work continues. As I said at Gen Con, this is my only creative effort at the moment (though I continue to dive into Spycraft Third jam sessions as needed, and like all designers dabble across the board as needed to keep the pistons firing, this is actually the only major project I'm on right now).

That said, St. Louis tried to kill me weekend before last, unleashing some militarized strain or SARS or something, and I've spent most of the last week in a pool of my own sick (metaphorically, of course - it was actually just a lot of coughing in a fetal position, clutching my ankles and hoping the next round wouldn't dislodge one or more lungs). I'm on the mend now and playing catch up, but if you want to blame anything for me losing the valuable time between Archon and the next Crafty Games Summit, blame the City under the Arch (which I'm now wagering is half a Halo, waiting to go off and wipe us all out of existence - but in the meantime just infect the odd passerby with evil).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2012, 01:21:17 AM »

Oh, and the spells are all the writing that's left, lest ye all think this beast goes directly into a book processor and off to the printers immediately after I'm "done." There's still editing, and any rewrites that come out of that - pretty common for us - and then layout and on to the printers.

We'll keep you posted.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Grimace
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2012, 07:45:35 AM »

Oh, and the spells are all the writing that's left, lest ye all think this beast goes directly into a book processor and off to the printers immediately after I'm "done." There's still editing, and any rewrites that come out of that - pretty common for us - and then layout and on to the printers.

We'll keep you posted.

Great to hear!  I was starting to wonder where you guys were at in the process. 

Grimace
Shaneomac135
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »

Question for pat: when the book is finally Finished who'll there be a PDF available before the hardcover?
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »

Any chance we could get a peek at the spell lists? Actually, previews or sneak-peaks were mentioned before, that sort of thing still in the works somewhere? Any ideas how far out something like that may be so they may be anticipated at a proper level of wild-ness?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »

Question for pat: when the book is finally Finished who'll there be a PDF available before the hardcover?

First, it'll be a softcover. Second, probably (we generally release PDFs ahead of print versions).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »

Any chance we could get a peek at the spell lists? Actually, previews or sneak-peaks were mentioned before, that sort of thing still in the works somewhere?

Previews are in the works, but as anyone who's ever worked on one of our products can attest, a lot can change even very close to pencils down as you a) find better ways to do things or b) realize there are holes or problems in the mix. There's also playtesting to consider, which can also impact things quite a bit. Couple all this with the very real Anticipation Fatigue Issue (tm), and it's often counter-productive to put unpolished work out there.

Spellbound's a weird beast in that it's been in development so long after you all have known it existed. You feel like it's ages past when we should be posting examples of it while we're racing to get up to the point where we feel that's a good idea. There's probably no better example of why we don't talk about stuff we have in development anymore, until we're ready to speak definitively about it.

Long-winded answer aside... yes, we have previews planned, but not quite yet.

Any ideas how far out something like that may be so they may be anticipated at a proper level of wild-ness?

Nope. We don't discuss release dates at all anymore until we're at least pencils down (finished with principle writing), and then only if we're confident the remainder of the process is largely without foreseeable complication.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »

I've been meaning to ask this question but always forget when I am actually at a computer: Will there be a spell chain for summoning constructs/robots in Spellbound?

Summoning? No. Assembling? Sure. Animating? Yes indeed. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Takeru
Agent

Mayor Janus of Whitestone

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »

How goes?

Still looking like it'll be out before the end of the year, or is that not likely anymore?

You can literally make Mike Haggar in Fantasy Craft. I love this system.
Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

I'm going to go out on a not-very-long limb and say "No freakin way". If it was going to be out by Xmas we definitely would have heard by now as it would be at the very least at the printers, and more likely in the depot, by mid November
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »

I am not saying it will be out by the end of the year but, they could release the PDF version well before the print version.  If I recall correctly thats what they did for the Adventure Companion and Mistborn.

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »

Right now I'm predicting a February 30th release.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »

February doesn't have 30 days, man... nice try. Feb 29th it is.

Wink
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »

*chomp* @ "bit".... *chomp* *chomp*

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: