Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 05:27:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Spellbound Update: Is that the finish line? Way over there?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spellbound Update: Is that the finish line? Way over there?  (Read 28755 times)
Swordpriest
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »

This is getting pretty exciting!  Grin

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.
                                -- Ephesians 6:17
Takeru
Agent

Mayor Janus of Whitestone

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »

So how is it coming? Think it will be done by the end of the year, or near after the start of the next? I've got a player who is very finnicky with his definition of "magic", and he always wants spells that give him a lot of options for each specific spell (basically he wants one spell to be able to act as ten spells), and I'm trying to convince him that Fantasy Craft has enough magic to keep him interested.

You can literally make Mike Haggar in Fantasy Craft. I love this system.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2012, 03:47:15 AM »

So how is it coming? Think it will be done by the end of the year, or near after the start of the next? I've got a player who is very finnicky with his definition of "magic", and he always wants spells that give him a lot of options for each specific spell (basically he wants one spell to be able to act as ten spells), and I'm trying to convince him that Fantasy Craft has enough magic to keep him interested.

We're making really good progress, and I should be able to report at least some details soon-ish. Not immediately, but soon... ish. Definitely well before the end of the year. Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

We're making really good progress, and I should be able to report at least some details soon-ish. Not immediately, but soon... ish. Definitely well before the end of the year. Wink

Good to hear Pat.  I hate to say, but I'm really chomping at the bit over here for spellbound. 

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »

Good to hear Pat.  I hate to say, but I'm really chomping at the bit over here for spellbound. 

Believe me, I've worn down my bit here as well. Hopefully we'll get you something to gnaw on sooner than later.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »

I've been meaning to ask this question but always forget when I am actually at a computer: Will there be a spell chain for summoning constructs/robots in Spellbound?

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »

I've been meaning to ask this question but always forget when I am actually at a computer: Will there be a spell chain for summoning constructs/robots in Spellbound?

There was an Artifice spell chain in Seer called Construct Assembly that did just that, so it's safe to say there will be. You can easily use it yourself as it's really just another Nature's Ally/Call From Beyond/Conjure Elemental clone, there isn't a whole lot to those spells except the pregen'd creatures.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

I just realize a really cool theme for a summon line would be "Now There Be Dragon". Grin
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »

There was an Artifice spell chain in Seer called Construct Assembly that did just that, so it's safe to say there will be. You can easily use it yourself as it's really just another Nature's Ally/Call From Beyond/Conjure Elemental clone, there isn't a whole lot to those spells except the pregen'd creatures.

Very true! I had actually thought about that, but at the same time its nice to have it in the book for the 'officialness' and all that.

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »

So is it mostly just the big list of spells that you're working on now? As far as content at least, layout and such would need to wait of course.

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »

So is it mostly just the big list of spells that you're working on now? As far as content at least, layout and such would need to wait of course.

Yes, it is. The other trappings (20 classes, god knows how many feats, how to hack the system all to pieces) was the easy part Smiley Pat's got nearly everything in place, but being a Busy Company Owner with Many Things to Do sometimes get in the way of diving into a deep development hole to knock it all out.

VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »

Yes, it is. The other trappings (20 classes, god knows how many feats, how to hack the system all to pieces) was the easy part Smiley Pat's got nearly everything in place, but being a Busy Company Owner with Many Things to Do sometimes get in the way of diving into a deep development hole to knock it all out.

That's good to hear.  Here's to hoping he gets all the time he needs to get done soon.. Smiley

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Bulldog Psion
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »

Although I really can't believe it'll ever be finished at this point Shocked  Wink, I've still got some money ready to buy it just in case!  Grin Keep up the good work!
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

As someone who has been a Crafty fan since before they were Crafty (aka since 1999), I say you need to trust that they do not put out inferior product with lots of revisions like another company that just cranks stuff out. Crafty puts out very high quality material and is well worth the wait.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

As someone who has been a Crafty fan since before they were Crafty (aka since 1999), I say you need to trust that they do not put out inferior product with lots of revisions like another company that just cranks stuff out. Crafty puts out very high quality material and is well worth the wait.

Does 7th Sea and L5R predate 1999?  I think a couple of my books might, which may make several of us here fans of the Crafty guys since before Spycraft was even a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: