Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 08:16:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Agency vs. Freelance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Agency vs. Freelance  (Read 1764 times)
Verbal
Recruit

V for Vanity

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 03:53:14 AM »

Seems to be the season for old guard to come in from the cold....

Hi Wolfie...  feels good to be back Smiley

I've seen a lot of debate elsewhere on the internet recently about the merits of 'lots of smaller books' vs 'a couple of big books'. Depending on the pricing, it seems that people prefer less books, though that may be an ingrained dislike of WotC's 'ALL OF THE BOOKS' system.

Personally, I err on the side of less books overall, but eBooks are starting to swing me back the other way. Laptops can make really good GM screens...

All my books are located on my tablet, which makes the number of books irrelevant as long as they're well indexed, as such I prefer more but smaller books.. but it's a personal choice

V
Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »

Seems to be the season for old guard to come in from the cold....
Hey Wolverine! Long time mate Smiley (Not that you probably remember me Tongue)
I've seen a lot of debate elsewhere on the internet recently about the merits of 'lots of smaller books' vs 'a couple of big books'. Depending on the pricing, it seems that people prefer less books, though that may be an ingrained dislike of WotC's 'ALL OF THE BOOKS' system.

Personally, I err on the side of less books overall, but eBooks are starting to swing me back the other way. Laptops can make really good GM screens...
Even in e-format I prefer big (and as Verbal says, well indexed) books. Less flicking between files and/or remembering which book it's in.

Also since print is still a thing (just! I kid, mostly) and it makes sense on a per-unit price to print less big books than several small ones (although it isn't good for the long-term revenue stream, as I understand it) I'd put my money on some big books and not thousands of little ones.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »

Everybody's coming out of the woodwork
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: