Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 07:19:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Gen Con 2012: Where's Spycraft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gen Con 2012: Where's Spycraft?  (Read 3535 times)
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »

We know, it's hard. We want this out as much as anyone, but this is for the best. Trust me when I say that you don't want us building a game in eight months again (that was the insane time we had with 2.0 - concept to completion, and not by choice - and in the end it hurt the game).

How long would you say that you worked on FC, concept to creation?

$100 on "Your grandparents were in Pre-K.".
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

We know, it's hard. We want this out as much as anyone, but this is for the best. Trust me when I say that you don't want us building a game in eight months again (that was the insane time we had with 2.0 - concept to completion, and not by choice - and in the end it hurt the game).

FC kicked off in Sept 2007, and released in August 2009. There were some hangups along the way - the biggest being changing it over from a 2.0 supplement to a standalone Mastercraft game - but the extra time allowed us to make the right decision for that product. 

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »

Next, ask Alex how long he's worked on 10, 000 Bullets...

I'm looking forward to it even more then SC3 (since I've been looking forward to / following it since I caught wind of it back on the AEG forums, many a moon ago) and it must be one hell of a relief for him knowing it's finally going to print (reasonably) soon.  Just imagine the party at the Flagg household when it's shipped...

I'm also totally sure it will be amazing (along with SC3), since FC is.
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 12:11:20 AM »

Next, ask Alex how long he's worked on 10, 000 Bullets...

*Counts fingers*....*counts a toe*

11 years I think. I feel bad for him, all this time... 3 different rule systems? Rabid fans harassing and threatening him. Expectations are growing higher with every passing year. The poor man just wants his game to hit the presses.

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 02:17:15 AM »

I trust Alex and know it will be worth it. BTW, for 10KB, ya gotta go see Gangster Squad when it comes out.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 04:34:21 AM »

I trust Alex and know it will be worth it. BTW, for 10KB, ya gotta go see Gangster Squad when it comes out.

This man posts the truth.  On both counts.
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »

I trust Alex and know it will be worth it.

At no point did I mean to suggest otherwise.

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »

I would never have suggested you did or would ...

I, like many on here, remember hearing Alex talk about 10KB back when the Crafty Crew were under the AEG banner and we've been waiting for a decade to see all his hard work paid off.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 03:05:06 AM »

I, like many on here, remember hearing Alex talk about 10KB back when the Crafty Crew were under the AEG banner and we've been waiting for a decade to see all his hard work paid off.

Yup - I remember the good ol' days of lurking on the AEG forum.  It also doesn't hurt that (given the renewed levels of focus in each core product) 10k Bullets is totally the game for one of my favourite genres (I used Spycraft 2.0 for far more non-espionage games then I did for espionage).  I also love the Lawman preview, and really can not wait to see it in full.

No one take that as a knock on SC3 though.  I'm still a big espionage fan - it's what brought a (then new) silver book called the Spycraft Espionage Handbook to my attention in the first place.
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »

I've posted a signup thread in the Spycraft 2.0 forum for those who would like to join me for a little Spycraft:

http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6403.0

I also have a Fantasy Craft game for wednesday night posted in the FC forum:

http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6402.0

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »

If anyone wants to just, you know, play Spycraft at gencon, I will probably host an off-grid session or two. (of 2.0, naturally)/
And with this, Gencon just got even better.

It certainly has Grin

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »

I remember getting into Spycraft 1.0 because of the consistently high reviews on ENWorld. Actually, I think it was Psion's review in particular that got me interested...

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: