Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 10:02:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  KickStarter thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KickStarter thread  (Read 13322 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »

So you are saying we should invest in a microphone and dragon dictation for you once your hands give out if we can't just chip you into a computer... got it >.>

I'm not gonna lie. It would be mighty sweet to figure out some way to keep working past the limits of this feeble frame. I'm not holding my breath though.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »

Last time I checked Beneath a Steel Sky was free on gog.com anyway, not that it should detract from the kickstarter.

Considering that Broken Sword 1 - 4 and In Cold Blood will cost you $40 on GOG, $50 for them and Broken Sword 5 is a petty good deal.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »

Last time I checked Beneath a Steel Sky was free on gog.com anyway, not that it should detract from the kickstarter.

Considering that Broken Sword 1 - 4 and In Cold Blood will cost you $40 on GOG, $50 for them and Broken Sword 5 is a petty good deal.

Yup. Add the design docs and soundtrack in there and it's a slam dunk.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2012, 01:29:28 AM »

Quote from: Reaper Kickstarter
Post KS Reaper Pledge Manager info & More Sculptures
Update #67 · Sep. 21, 2012 · 44 comments

If all goes well, it looks like we will be publishing the RPM by the end of next week, if not sooner. Get yourselves ready! I know, like you haven’t been prepared for weeks now, right? The system is about done and ready for us to test for a day or two and make sure it won’t break when you use it.

We’re sorry it took us so long, but the volume of backers and the complicated nature of our Kickstarter was more than we had originally anticipated. Like with most things, you do your best to think of everything and then you have to make changes on the fly when a problem rears it’s ugly head, like the International shipping issues we did not foresee.

Please note that due to the delay, the pledge manager will only be active for placing your final reward selections for about 10 days. You will be able to change your shipping address at any time, but you will have to lock in your order within 10 days. We need to get our final numbers as rapidly as possible so we can get everything finalized by next March like we planned.

Anyone that misses the deadline we will handle on a case by case basis. Don’t worry we won’t leave you in the cold, but we do ask that you do your best to complete your requests within the time frame allotted to save us gobs of trouble.

Just so you know we are not slouches here at Reaper. We have started casting up the Sophie models and started bottling paint so we can start shipping as soon as we have some information to ship against. So, we should be able to get a significant portion of the first shipments out this month as we planned. We are sure things will probably bleed over a bit into October, but we won’t be too far behind schedule!
Less time than I had hoped - it took longer for processing the KS data than they had planned on, so there will only be 10 days from the launch of the manager to its completion.

I gather that if you missed the wicked cool Vampire pledge level at $100 during the run of the Kickstarter then you will be able to get it for $150 during those 10 days.

Me, I'm adding a few more dragons and the paints.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »

Not Kickstarter, but Indiegogo's an alternative:
http://www.indiegogo.com/otherworldDA?c=home
I really like a lot of stuff from Otherworld and first batch look really good as old-fashioned adventurers.
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2012, 07:08:58 AM »

Impact Minis are flirting with danger with their latest fantasy miniatures range. Personally, I'm hoping they can get away with it.

(click to show/hide)

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
dpmcalister
Agent

Think on your sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2012, 05:23:14 AM »

I hope no-one minds me promoting my own crowd-funding campaign Smiley 2013 will be the 10th anniversary of when I started UK Role Players and I'm looking to get some promotional dice made. If you help you also get to keep some of the same dice yourself Smiley Full information at the link or inside the spoiler. Thanks Smiley

http://igg.me/p/242214?a=1497945

(click to show/hide)

» BlogFlickrGoogle+LinkedInTwitter «
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »

Congrats on already hitting your goal, Dave!  Grin

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

dpmcalister
Agent

Think on your sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:29 AM »

Thanks. About to put up another stretch goal as the more dice the merrier Smiley

» BlogFlickrGoogle+LinkedInTwitter «
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2012, 04:32:16 AM »

Ever want to be a big shot Hollywood movie funder? Here's your chance (to be the last part):

Indie Action Flick - Contract Killers

The film is mostly done, they just need a little more money to get them over the finish line.

(Full disclosure: I am friends with one of the actors, but I still think this is a worthwhile project to get behind and will be chipping in some money myself on pay day)

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
jameswllorimer
Agent

"Alea iacta est" - The die is cast

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »

The classic space-faring game Elite is to be reborn through its original creator David Braben! Whoop!
BBC site
Kickstarter
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »

The point where I really felt 'Elite' was when I swapped back to pulse lasers, because beam lasers and military lasers were just too good to be challenging....

I loved that game.

Except for the furry Trumbles....

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
UncleOwnage
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »

I'm part of a small indie team that have started a kickstarter for our debut project.
The kickstarter is meant to ensure funding for a smooth release (set in February 2013), as the team is currently struggling, and some are actually paying to be able to keep working.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/betadwarf/forced

FORCED is similar to Left 4 Dead in the action co-op aspects, it has some puzzles similar to Trine and is similar to Diablo in terms of themes and aesthetics.

It’s a tactical co-op action game for 1-4 players. We also have something we think is pretty innovative and interesting, the Orb, a player shared character.

As this is our first game we were really proud yesterday when Rock, Paper, Shotgun wrote:
“Forced is already in a good state and it doesn’t play quite like anything else, with elements of MMORPG mechanics in its combat, despite the fast, responsive flow.” - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...s-forced-demo/

Cheers!
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, choose your weapons.  Hunger will meet DEFEAT.  I have been wanting a two hand-handle on a cast iron skilled for approximately forever, and now I WILL have one.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2012, 07:35:59 AM »

To Be Or Not To Be: That Is The Adventure

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: