Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 02:07:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  KickStarter thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KickStarter thread  (Read 11491 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »

It's tempting, but I don't paint and have a hard enough time getting my paper minis and Pathfinder Pawns to the table, let alone that much metal plastic.

Plus I'm about KS'ed out for the moment with OGRE 6, T5, the Ouya and TBZ.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »

Just backed both Planetary Annihilation and the Vampire bones collection, going to get *all* the dragons (that are not undead at least) and hyrda, now I'll just need to start an in-person all drake campaign when they get here.

I really wish I could get the 'There Be Dragons' set at least but I just can't quite do it, I chopped the $15 Demon set from my pledge. I am getting the Clockwork Dragon though...

Since they announced the option to swap out the metal Sophie KS mini to get $25 to put towards other things I think I may grab the Orcpocalypse, 'cause who doesn't need 20 more Orc minions?

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 09:53:47 PM »

Mantic are making their own sci-fi fantasy football game, Dreadball. There are four teams at the moment, one for each of the Warpath races.

It goes without saying that it has already reached the funding goal, but Mantic appear to be a lot more coy about the stretch goals this time around.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2012, 03:03:00 AM »

Mantic are making their own sci-fi fantasy football game, Dreadball. There are four teams at the moment, one for each of the Warpath races.

It goes without saying that it has already reached the funding goal, but Mantic appear to be a lot more coy about the stretch goals this time around.
Well, in their first Kickstarter they did not think that it was likely that they were going to hit $20,000, and all that they really needed was $5,000...

It was a lot of fun watching their ecstatic panic when it passed $20,000 the first day..  Grin Then the numbers just kept rushing by.

I think that it is safe to say that Mantic is quite happy with the results.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »

Last four hours for the Bones Kickstarter.

They had a bit of a dud - a novel in PDF format, but now have Familiars up.

If this makes it then there will be 240 minis with the Vampire pledge. Smiley

I ended up ordering one of them in metal after looking it up - the fellow accompanying her is perfect for a PC in my game:

I had somehow missed the fellow before.

She's nice too - that is why I went digging - but I could have waited for her. Him... he looks an awful lot like the guy playing the character. I think that I have my first Christmas present for the year picked out. Smiley

The Auld Grump

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »

Another 100,000 or so and up comes C'thulhu. Booyah!

Hurry, only 40 minutes left.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »

i think chtulu broke kickstarter with 3 mins to go

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

Yeah - that pretty much broke up tonight's game - we were watching the results like it was election night!

And then the Kickstarter site went down, followed by the Reaper site - with $24 remaining before Cthulhu rose....

When the site recovered the total was better than $10,000 over the needed amount, but it was close when the screen went dark.

In that one room of six people was over $1,500 worth of pledges, $300 of it mine. (Ow!)

I blame this guy -

And, kind of important - they will be putting up a site to Pledge even though the KS is over, in part because that crash prevented folks that were waiting until the last minute from making their pledges.
If you are signing up new and you don't select the Vampire or Undertaker Level you will have to pay more for options then what they were originally listed at, but they will be available to you.  If you did pledge and you didn't pledge Vampire or Undertaker or don't upgrade to one, the same applies.

More details to come later!

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:00:32 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »

For me:
Vampire.
Fire Giant King & Queen
Ebonwrath
Frost Giant King & Queen
Mind Your 'Manors'
There Be Dragons
Demons
Deathsleet
Undead Giant
Clockwork Dragon
Spider Centaurs
Fire Giant Warriors
Deep Dwellers
Nethermaul
Hydra
Kaladrak Reborn
Cthulhu

Because of a misunderstanding with Jen I also have $3 pledged for Nekkid Sophie instead of regular - I will probably just add $15 and get the undead paint set instead of the Nekkid Sophie. (I thought that she wanted to buy my Sophie off of me, instead she went for a Vampire level of her own, and added $3 herself.)

The Auld Grump

Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2012, 02:19:42 AM »

I actually changed what I did since my last post:

Vampire Pledge
Fire Giant King & Queen
Frost Giant King & Queen
There Be Dragons
Mind Your Manors
Figure Case
Clockwork Dragon
Forces of Nature
Fire Giant Warriors
And I am trading out the Sophie mini for an Orcpocalypse

Depending on how long we are given to add stuff to our pledge and what options we have post KS I may also tack on the Undead Giant, the Pathfinder Red Dragon and maaaaybe Nethermaul and Kalarax Reborn. I'm not sure I would find much use out of the two skeletal dragons, though I am sure they will look awesome. I already have ideas forming for an Undead Giant and the Pathfinder Red Dragon could easily be a FC Drake, it's about the right size. My only disappointment is that we didn't see any Water/Ice or Air Elementals in that clear material, hopefully we'll see them at a later date.

In March when all of this stuff is released I am also going to invest in some more of the smaller mini's such as the skeletons. In the mean time I should pick up a few of the ones that have already been released though, that minotaur looks spiffy.

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2012, 07:17:56 AM »

Shoot, I forgot the spider centaurs. But I also need to find a place to fit Cthulhu. I may end up ditching the case.

Vampire Level Kickstarter
-Sophie
Demons
Clockwork dragon
Case
Paint Set

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »

Shoot, I forgot the spider centaurs. But I also need to find a place to fit Cthulhu. I may end up ditching the case.

Vampire Level Kickstarter
-Sophie
Demons
Clockwork dragon
Case
Paint Set

Just so that you know - the Pledge Manager will allow you to add money from PayPal - and will be up for about thirty days. Two to four pay periods....

Because KS crashed under load they are opening it to folks that didn't pledge as well - from their KS update:
Reaper will have a post KS pledge manager website!
Update #57 Aug. 25, 2012 71 comments

Thanks to all of you that backed our project!  It was absolutely amazing!

Using our post Kickstarter Pledge Manager website (if you pledged you will get a link in you backer survey e-mail later) you can make additions and adjustments (you can't lower your pledge).

We will also post the link as an update to our Kickstarter.  It may be two weeks from now so keep checking.  We have to get and then assimilate the Kickstarter data.

You can sign up there. You can also use pay-pal too.

If you are signing up new and you don't select the Vampire or Undertaker Level you will have to pay more for options then what they were originally listed at, but they will be available to you.  If you did pledge and you didn't pledge Vampire or Undertaker or don't upgrade to one, the same applies.

If this does not answer you question, please send another message to us in a day or two as we are going to sleep now!

So, a bit more time and a few more paychecks, but no new Bones being added to the pile. Sounds fair to me!
 Smiley

The Auld Grump

Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »

Because KS crashed under load they are opening it to folks that didn't pledge as well - from their KS update:

Using our post Kickstarter Pledge Manager website (if you pledged you will get a link in you backer survey e-mail later) you can make additions and adjustments (you can't lower your pledge).

We will also post the link as an update to our Kickstarter.  It may be two weeks from now so keep checking.  We have to get and then assimilate the Kickstarter data.

If you are signing up new and you don't select the Vampire or Undertaker Level you will have to pay more for options then what they were originally listed at, but they will be available to you.  If you did pledge and you didn't pledge Vampire or Undertaker or don't upgrade to one, the same applies.

If this does not answer you question, please send another message to us in a day or two as we are going to sleep now!

So, a bit more time and a few more paychecks, but no new Bones being added to the pile. Sounds fair to me!
 Smiley

The Auld Grump

So, those of us who didn't have a chance to pledge yet... will have some option at the KS pledge levels / rewards?

I aim to misbehave.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »

Smiley

The Auld Grump

So, those of us who didn't have a chance to pledge yet... will have some option at the KS pledge levels / rewards?

Yep! Smiley

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:12:56 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Gentry