Author Topic: KickStarter thread  (Read 39880 times)

TheAuldGrump

• Control
  • Because The Cat Told Me To...
    • View Profile
Re: KickStarter thread
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 01:22:05 PM »
If I liked PA more then I might care.

As it is, I don't see PA adds very often, since it is not a comic that I frequent. I go there when there is a link from a site that I find more interesting.

If the folks that do frequent the comic think that it is worthwhile, then bully for them.

The Auld Grump
I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.

Gentry

• Control
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
it violates Kickstarter’s terms.

Kickstarter has terms? What arrogance.
I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

Gentry

• Control
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 05:30:36 PM »
Didn't get in on Traveller? There's still Space Command.

Which looks like it might be kinda cool, actually.
I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

Illithar

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:26 AM »
On a more positive note, I have to reconcile my check book, because the $40 level on those Dwarven Adventures is really tempting. :)

Very much so! I'm actually debating between that and the $66 option, for double the mini's.

I am actually kind of glad that I stumble upon this, I used to collect and paint Warmachine/Hordes miniatures but haven't actually picked up a brush in some time and I have piles of them collecting dust on shelves :( . Seeing these dwarves has given me a little bit of the itch to paint once again.

Besides where else am I going to find a mini for a Dwarf Bard?
I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.

TheAuldGrump

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »
On a more positive note, I have to reconcile my check book, because the $40 level on those Dwarven Adventures is really tempting. :)

Very much so! I'm actually debating between that and the $66 option, for double the mini's.

I am actually kind of glad that I stumble upon this, I used to collect and paint Warmachine/Hordes miniatures but haven't actually picked up a brush in some time and I have piles of them collecting dust on shelves :( . Seeing these dwarves has given me a little bit of the itch to paint once again.

I just pledged the $66 level....

I have... hopes. :)

Sculpting on the greens has begun, with 66 hours to go.

The Auld Grump, hi ho!

Illithar

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »

I just pledged the $66 level....

I have... hopes. :)

Sculpting on the greens has begun, with 66 hours to go.

The Auld Grump, hi ho!

Awesome!

I'm pledged at the $98 level + $30 for a T-shirt and two trolls.
I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.

Number Three

• Handler
  • I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Hobbymasters
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to have to go back and see how far I want to go.  Don't care about the t-shirt (they never fit me anyway), I just have to figure out what to pay for \o\ all the figures. \o\

glimmerrat

• Control
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
You lot get paid way too much. I'd contribute but I have to worry about other stuff. Like not starving.  :-\
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Bill Whitmore

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 01:20:48 AM »
You lot get paid way too much. I'd contribute but I have to worry about other stuff. Like not starving.  :-\

Partially agree.  I am in the same boat, but I don't think they get paid too much, I think I don't get paid enough! :P
Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.

Wolverine

• Control
  • I want to smoke a fairy
    • View Profile
    • Geek-Life Balance (my personal blog)
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »
I managed to resist the temptation to purchase a full copy of Sedition Wars. It helped that a few of my friends were getting it, allowing me to only go for a couple of the extras instead (Ripley and the Serenity Crew).
"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent

Number Three

• Handler
  • I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Hobbymasters
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »

I thought US$40 was a good deal for what you were getting.  Now with the extra add ons, it's getting up to $70.  Those last few minis (and bits) are killing me.  I might just go for the female fighter and the new blacksmith, which only takes me to $48.  I can probably get it all, but that cuts into things like, well, food.  :P

TheAuldGrump

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
Reaper Miniatures has started a new Kickstarter to get the Bones line of plastic (PVC) miniatures cranking.

A $60 pledge gets you one of each of the above - with more being added as Stretch Goals are passed.

They are currently about $100 from their first goal, being funded is not much of a question now. A bit more than halfway to their first Stretch Goal of $50,000.

I don't know if I have mentioned the Bones figures here much, but they are, well, cheap! A purple worm sells for just under $3 US. Six kobolds or goblins run about the same.

For a while Reaper has been making noises about the price of tin becoming unsustainable for miniatures - the Bones line is part of their response to that.

All in all, I am quite happy with the Bones miniatures, and will be watching this with interest.

*EDIT* Oh, dear.... one of the add on pledges is a figure of Sophie the Succubus on motorcycle. For three dollars more she forgets to wear clothes.... Oy! The sad thing is that I would rather she be wearing more clothes - leather jacket, jeans, and stompy boots instead of the short shorts that she is wearing (if she is wearing anything at all....)

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:04:47 PM by TheAuldGrump »

TheAuldGrump

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »
They just added a $10 Option for a dragon to be added to Vampire pledges.

Pretty decent dragon - I have him in metal. :)

And they have stated that because it is an Option you can just add more dragons (or two more Fire Giants) to the order for $10 a pop....

Vampire ($100) looks like the sweet spot - even before you start adding those $10 options....

The next to be added to Vampire (straight up, not as an option) is a bunch of Evil, hmmm?

Some of these are a dead fit for the look and feel of Fantasy Craft....

The Auld Grump, not sure if they'd be the villains or the heroes though....

Agent 333

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 09:35:31 PM »
When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 12:57:07 AM »
Looks awesome!

Living Spycraft Masterm