Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 09:28:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  KickStarter thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KickStarter thread  (Read 11389 times)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »

If I liked PA more then I might care.

As it is, I don't see PA adds very often, since it is not a comic that I frequent. I go there when there is a link from a site that I find more interesting.

If the folks that do frequent the comic think that it is worthwhile, then bully for them.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

it violates Kickstarter’s terms.

Kickstarter has terms? What arrogance.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »

Didn't get in on Traveller? There's still Space Command.

Which looks like it might be kinda cool, actually.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 02:50:26 AM »

On a more positive note, I have to reconcile my check book, because the $40 level on those Dwarven Adventures is really tempting. Smiley

Very much so! I'm actually debating between that and the $66 option, for double the mini's.

I am actually kind of glad that I stumble upon this, I used to collect and paint Warmachine/Hordes miniatures but haven't actually picked up a brush in some time and I have piles of them collecting dust on shelves Sad . Seeing these dwarves has given me a little bit of the itch to paint once again.

Besides where else am I going to find a mini for a Dwarf Bard?

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »

On a more positive note, I have to reconcile my check book, because the $40 level on those Dwarven Adventures is really tempting. Smiley

Very much so! I'm actually debating between that and the $66 option, for double the mini's.

I am actually kind of glad that I stumble upon this, I used to collect and paint Warmachine/Hordes miniatures but haven't actually picked up a brush in some time and I have piles of them collecting dust on shelves Sad . Seeing these dwarves has given me a little bit of the itch to paint once again.

I just pledged the $66 level....

I have... hopes. Smiley

Sculpting on the greens has begun, with 66 hours to go.

The Auld Grump, hi ho!

Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »

I just pledged the $66 level....

I have... hopes. Smiley

Sculpting on the greens has begun, with 66 hours to go.

The Auld Grump, hi ho!

Awesome!

I'm pledged at the $98 level + $30 for a T-shirt and two trolls.

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back and see how far I want to go.  Don't care about the t-shirt (they never fit me anyway), I just have to figure out what to pay for \o\ all the figures. \o\

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 12:35:48 AM »

You lot get paid way too much. I'd contribute but I have to worry about other stuff. Like not starving.  Undecided

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 03:20:48 AM »

You lot get paid way too much. I'd contribute but I have to worry about other stuff. Like not starving.  Undecided

Partially agree.  I am in the same boat, but I don't think they get paid too much, I think I don't get paid enough! Tongue

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 03:25:52 AM »

I managed to resist the temptation to purchase a full copy of Sedition Wars. It helped that a few of my friends were getting it, allowing me to only go for a couple of the extras instead (Ripley and the Serenity Crew).

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »

I thought US$40 was a good deal for what you were getting.  Now with the extra add ons, it's getting up to $70.  Those last few minis (and bits) are killing me.  I might just go for the female fighter and the new blacksmith, which only takes me to $48.  I can probably get it all, but that cuts into things like, well, food.  Tongue

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »

Reaper Miniatures has started a new Kickstarter to get the Bones line of plastic (PVC) miniatures cranking.

A $60 pledge gets you one of each of the above - with more being added as Stretch Goals are passed.

They are currently about $100 from their first goal, being funded is not much of a question now. A bit more than halfway to their first Stretch Goal of $50,000.

I don't know if I have mentioned the Bones figures here much, but they are, well, cheap! A purple worm sells for just under $3 US. Six kobolds or goblins run about the same.

For a while Reaper has been making noises about the price of tin becoming unsustainable for miniatures - the Bones line is part of their response to that.

All in all, I am quite happy with the Bones miniatures, and will be watching this with interest.

*EDIT* Oh, dear.... one of the add on pledges is a figure of Sophie the Succubus on motorcycle. For three dollars more she forgets to wear clothes.... Oy! The sad thing is that I would rather she be wearing more clothes - leather jacket, jeans, and stompy boots instead of the short shorts that she is wearing (if she is wearing anything at all....)

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:04:47 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »

They just added a $10 Option for a dragon to be added to Vampire pledges.

Pretty decent dragon - I have him in metal. Smiley

And they have stated that because it is an Option you can just add more dragons (or two more Fire Giants) to the order for $10 a pop....

Vampire ($100) looks like the sweet spot - even before you start adding those $10 options....

The next to be added to Vampire (straight up, not as an option) is a bunch of Evil, hmmm?

Some of these are a dead fit for the look and feel of Fantasy Craft....

The Auld Grump, not sure if they'd be the villains or the heroes though....

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 11:35:31 PM »

They're making a third Gamers movie. Fund this now.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 02:57:07 AM »

Looks awesome!

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: