Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 11:44:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Question concerning the hardcover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question concerning the hardcover  (Read 5945 times)
Nikomis
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »

I got mine today in IL. The back jacket AND the back cover of the book itself has a giant dent in it like someone took rebar to the thing...
Cen
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2012, 12:45:30 PM »

I got mine today in IL. The back jacket AND the back cover of the book itself has a giant dent in it like someone took rebar to the thing...

That sucks. Me and a friend both ordered the hard cover and they arrived in perfect condition. Love the art in the books! It was all to grainy in the PDF, which I understand, but it's nice to see it in all its glory.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:25:43 PM by Cen » Logged
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »

Where in NZ are you Skywalker? I'm in Dunedin Smiley

Wellington.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »

Ah the postal service... No amount of preparation and second-guessing can prevent the odd mishap. Sorry it had to happen to you, but don't worry - we'll take care of it.

I see that you emailed us about this last night. We'll respond there.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »

Ah the postal service... No amount of preparation and second-guessing can prevent the odd mishap.

You're not wrong - my sister sent me a DVD in the mail, and despite a plastic case, bubble wrap and a cardbox box (complete with Fragile stickers and extra "fragile post fee") it arrived broken.  That's from within the same state as me, too.  Just lucky it was just a dump from her videocamera that she wanted me to edit into a nicer order - nothing that can't be replaced on the cheap.

After that I said to wait til she was down here on holidays before she gave me a couple xbox games...
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »

You're not wrong - my sister sent me a DVD in the mail, and despite a plastic case, bubble wrap and a cardbox box (complete with Fragile stickers and extra "fragile post fee") it arrived broken.  That's from within the same state as me, too.  Just lucky it was just a dump from her videocamera that she wanted me to edit into a nicer order - nothing that can't be replaced on the cheap.

After that I said to wait til she was down here on holidays before she gave me a couple xbox games...

Hearing stories like these remind me of this Chocolate Milk Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De8hhNYMQqE
zthumser
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »

Got mine today, it arrived in excellent condition.

I was surprised that it looks (in terms of binding, cover, dust jacket, and most notably dimensions) like a hardcover novel, not at all like your typical RPG book, which tend to be taller and wider than most hardcover novels (and this book).  Maybe everyone but me was expecting this, but it was a surprise to me.  It's unusual, but it is not a bad thing; the cover and binding seem far higher quality than what you get on a typical RPG book.

So great condition, really great quality, and I already knew that I liked the content from the pdfs; I'm entirely pleased.  Great work, guys!
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »

I was surprised that it looks (in terms of binding, cover, dust jacket, and most notably dimensions) like a hardcover novel, not at all like your typical RPG book, which tend to be taller and wider than most hardcover novels (and this book).  Maybe everyone but me was expecting this, but it was a surprise to me.  It's unusual, but it is not a bad thing; the cover and binding seem far higher quality than what you get on a typical RPG book.

Glad you like the format. This was one of my day one goals when I conceived and pitched the project to Pat - to make a book that matched the hardcovers on your shelf, and looked less like a game. Our printer knocked it out of the park with it - helped us match paper, binding, covers and even stamping to synch up. I'm really glad I wasn't crazy Smiley

So great condition, really great quality, and I already knew that I liked the content from the pdfs; I'm entirely pleased.  Great work, guys!

Thanks - glad you're enjoying it!

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012, 04:53:08 AM »

Mine arrived either yesterday or today (it was delivered to my Mum's house, which is lucky - I don't remember putting her address, but I've moved since I pre-ordered last year).  It was in perfect condition, and it's an excellent quality book (printing and binding wise - I haven't read it yet).  If I enjoy The Final Empire, I'm going to get the series in hardcover to match - at a glance, my housemate thought I'd purchased a Mistborn book, and didn't realise that it was a game.  So mission accomplished, Alex.

My only gripe is that we can't get Spellbound in hardcover too (hint hint) given the superb quality of this release.

For those playing along:  I'm in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia - so if you're in The Sunshine State, start checking your mail boxes.
Akerbos
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2012, 06:17:52 AM »

My hardcover arrived in good condition, with only a few small blemishes. I have received far worse from Amazon.

Sigh. We're really sorry to hear that. We did everything we could think of to protect the books in transit but at the end of the day we really are at the mercy of the postal service. Sad

Mine arrive in a closely fitting carton box without any padding; is that less protection in order to keep international shipping costs down?  Huh?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »

My hardcover arrived in good condition, with only a few small blemishes. I have received far worse from Amazon.

Sigh. We're really sorry to hear that. We did everything we could think of to protect the books in transit but at the end of the day we really are at the mercy of the postal service. Sad

Mine arrive in a closely fitting carton box without any padding; is that less protection in order to keep international shipping costs down?  Huh?

The protection is the close carton itself, leaving less room to rattle. A lot of book shippers do the exact same thing - find a tight-fitting box and don't bother with peanuts or bubble wrap. We'd initial planned to stuff packing paper in the 1/4" gap at the and to completely immobilize the book but it sometimes proved too tight.

aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »

Received mine last week! I'm gonna be honest, I haven't had time yet nor envy to read the full PDF on a computer screen (that's why I wanted the epub version so bad). But now the physical book is in my hands I'm gonna catch up quickly!  Smiley
Akerbos
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

The protection is the close carton itself, leaving less room to rattle. A lot of book shippers do the exact same thing - find a tight-fitting box and don't bother with peanuts or bubble wrap. We'd initial planned to stuff packing paper in the 1/4" gap at the and to completely immobilize the book but it sometimes proved too tight.

I see. It seems to have worked; as I said, the book arrived in very good condition.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: