Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 03:14:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Question concerning the hardcover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question concerning the hardcover  (Read 5952 times)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »

I´ve been away for a week, but apparently the book came last friday, which for shipping from the States to Norway is pretty damn impressive. The package was in remarkably good shape too, so the book is completely pristine. All in all, the shipping gets two thumbs up from me. Now, to find the time to sit down and actually read this awesome-looking book...

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Kalthandrix
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »

Lucky! The Norwegian mail service must be asweome, because I live here in the US and I have still not received my copy... Is there any way we can track a shipment?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:48:18 PM by Kalthandrix » Logged
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »

Unfortunately, no. As we noted elsewhere, Media Mail (which the vast majority of you selected) does not offer tracking services. Also note the books went out in their entirety less than a week ago, and Media Mail can take up to 8 business days. Hang tight!

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »

Lucky! The Norwegian mail service must be asweome, because I live here in the US and I have still not received my copy... Is there any way we can track a shipment?

Thanks!

Just checked your order and I can confirm it went out in the very first wave - that would be Thursday, July 19 - so you're nearing the end of your window. You should expect the book any day now.

Glad to see everyone overseas is having such good luck. It's not what I expected, frankly (we all know that international shipping is typically not very prompt), and it's great to see the shipping services pleasantly surprising us for once. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »

Iīve been away for a week, but apparently the book came last friday, which for shipping from the States to Norway is pretty damn impressive. The package was in remarkably good shape too, so the book is completely pristine. All in all, the shipping gets two thumbs up from me. Now, to find the time to sit down and actually read this awesome-looking book...

Mine was in great shape too. I will of course be getting the dust jacket covered by my local library Smiley
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2012, 07:58:36 PM »

I will of course be getting the dust jacket covered by my local library Smiley

/confused

Huh?  Huh?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Kalthandrix
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »

I will of course be getting the dust jacket covered by my local library Smiley

/confused

Huh?  Huh?
He's going to get the mylar dust jacket put on it, I would assume. I don't know what the library has to do with it, I just buy the mylar jackets and put them on myself, but it is worth it if this is something that you want to protect and will get handled.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »

He's going to get the mylar dust jacket put on it, I would assume. I don't know what the library has to do with it, I just buy the mylar jackets and put them on myself, but it is worth it if this is something that you want to protect and will get handled.

I figured it was a protective cover of some kind but the library thing threw me.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

zthumser
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »

Jeez, Norway, New Zealand?  I'm in frickin' Ohio and I still haven't gotten mine!  Don't worry, Craftys, I'm not complaining, well, I mean, I'm certainly whining, but I'm not really complaining.  I'm sure I ordered cheap shipping and I'm not outside the expected window yet.  Just anxious, that's all.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

Jeez, Norway, New Zealand?  I'm in frickin' Ohio and I still haven't gotten mine!  Don't worry, Craftys, I'm not complaining, well, I mean, I'm certainly whining, but I'm not really complaining.  I'm sure I ordered cheap shipping and I'm not outside the expected window yet.  Just anxious, that's all.

I feel for ya, I really do. Honestly, the USPS and its international counterparts are near a complete mystery to us *. Everyone's books went out within just a few business days of each other - at the outside (in many cases, we're seeing international shipments separated by a single day at our end arriving up to a week ahead of domestic shipments. It's baffling.

* You wouldn't believe what we have to do just to ship stuff on our own. Seriously, we had to buy a premium monthly subscription with a third party to avoid hours of extra work each and every week doing stuff the USPS claims its site and various apps can do for free (and which they really, really should have been offering for free for at least a decade now). It's unbelievable.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

I figured it was a protective cover of some kind but the library thing threw me.

My local library covers dustjackets for a nominal cost. Its not that easy to buy mylar jackets here in New Zealand for some reason.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »

My local library covers dustjackets for a nominal cost. Its not that easy to buy mylar jackets here in New Zealand for some reason.

Ah. Interesting.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »

I've never seen them here in Aus either (except those that people have purchased online and put on themselves).
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2012, 08:52:04 PM »

Ah. Interesting.

You used to be able to buy them. Libraries however buy them in massive rolls that they can then tailor to any size book perfectly.
Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »

Where in NZ are you Skywalker? I'm in Dunedin Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: