Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 07:54:19 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Fun with Path of Dragons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fun with Path of Dragons  (Read 1781 times)
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:54:40 AM »

Path of Dragons
Dragons I: You gain 3x your Path step in Resistance to one of the following damage types: acid, cold, electrical, fire, flash, force, sonic, or stress.
Dragons II: You gain Draconic Heritage as a bonus feat.
Dragons III: When you spend an action die to boost unarmed or melee damage, you may convert it to the same damage type as your resistance, without penalty.
Dragons IV: Your allies gain the benefits of your first step ability.
Dragons V: You gain Draconic Legacy and Truescale as bonus feats. Your damage type for Truescale matches your Resistance granted by step I.

Alignments

Code of the Dragon Samurai
Paths: Dragons, Heroism, War
Alignment Skills: Athletics, Ride, Search, Tactics
Ritual Weapon: Katana
Avatar: Drake Warlord with the Truescale Feat

Ways of the Dragonfire Adepts
Paths: Dragons, Magic, Protection
Alignment Skills: Bluff, Crafting, Investigate, Search
Ritual Weapon: Hand Claw

Dragon Shamanism
Paths: Dragons, Life, Spirits
Alignment Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Crafting, Survival
Ritual weapon: Throwing Spear
the331st
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:05:27 AM »

Nice  Grin
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:53:16 AM »

I think I saw someone mention in annother thread that they thought step V could include 2 feats, but Ihave to point out that since that's just the Level 9 ability of a base class, 2 feats is probably a bit over the top.

Otherwise, quite slick.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:04:19 AM »

What about allowing Truescale for reducing an attribute by 2 sort of thing? Would that help level things out?
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »

I think I saw someone mention in annother thread that they thought step V could include 2 feats, but Ihave to point out that since that's just the Level 9 ability of a base class, 2 feats is probably a bit over the top.

Otherwise, quite slick.

There are several cases where step V grants both a feat and a spell, or +2 to an attribute and a spell. Strength V is +4 to Strength.
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »

You could replace step IV with Draconic Legacy, then have V be Truescale and +2 Strength, or something along those lines.
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »

The thematic problem would be that they would have the wrong breath weapon at IV for non-fire types. One possible idea is to make V just be Truescale plus some other benefit; they would still get the terrain benefit, even if they did not take Draconic Legacy. It would also leave some development room for characters who want to take the Master Class in the AC that grants Draconic Legacy.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »

I think I'd be more comfortable if Draconic Legacy moved down to IV and the shared resistance moved up to V. That and a tricksey fix for Truescale Smiley.

Path of Dragons
Dragons I: Choose one of the following damage types: Acid, Cold, Electrical, Fire, Flash, Force, Sonic, or Stress. You gain Truescale (choosen damage type) as a bonus feat and (chosen damage type) resistance equal to triple your step.
Dragons II: You gain Draconic Heritage as a bonus feat.
Dragons III: When you spend an action die to boost unarmed or melee damage that attack inflicts your chosen damage type instead of its normal damage type.
Dragons IV: You gain Draconic Legacy as a bonus feat. If you are a Drake, you instead gain a bonus Species feat.
Dragons V: Your allies able to see and hear you gain (chosen damage type) resistance 15.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:39:39 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
pawsplay