Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2014, 02:58:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [XCOM Forces] Personal / Power Armour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [XCOM Forces] Personal / Power Armour  (Read 502 times)
CafeCyberia
Recruit

Timeline suboptimal. Abort/Retry/Fail?

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »

I've come up against a requirement to Spycraftise the trooper armour (specifically, the personal armour since that triumphed over plans for an armoured bobcat assault) from XCOM: UFO Defense.

http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Armour for the base, unconverted stats.

What would the basic armour best map to in SC2 terms?

Me: I had implicitly assumed the coarse neural adjustment is prerecorded and installed with the prosthetic, giving adequate gross control, but fine control takes time(this is awesome justification, for GURPS, to charge points)
Sletch: That's a bloody genius bit of meta explanation
- on cybernetics
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

I've come up against a requirement to Spycraftise the trooper armour (specifically, the personal armour since that triumphed over plans for an armoured bobcat assault) from XCOM: UFO Defense.

http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Armour for the base, unconverted stats.

What would the basic armour best map to in SC2 terms?

It depends what your weapons look like. Off the top of my head I'd say something like Modular Tac Armor, Vest and Guards with Trauma Plates and Nomex Underwear, or Riot Armor with NomexUnderwear. I'd use either Plate Armor (from The Shop) or Iron Warrior Power Armor (from The Pan-Asian Collective) for power and flight suits. They're both SEH (SC1), but converting them isn't that difficult.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
CafeCyberia
Recruit

Timeline suboptimal. Abort/Retry/Fail?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

Thanks for the pointers to the 1st ed stuff - I'll see what I can rattle up.

The HMjesus special (mod-tac armour, vest,guards and trauma plates) with nomex undies? (Around 4-5x less protection than the personal armour, just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you)

Me: I had implicitly assumed the coarse neural adjustment is prerecorded and installed with the prosthetic, giving adequate gross control, but fine control takes time(this is awesome justification, for GURPS, to charge points)
Sletch: That's a bloody genius bit of meta explanation
- on cybernetics
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »

Like I said, it depends on the stats you're using for plasma weapons. I think when I did it I was using something like 4d4 for a pistol to 4d8 for a heavy.

You might try to hunt down the SG-1 Unexplored Worlds (iirc) book and use the stats for the Nazi plasma weapons (with a little tweaking for SC1.5 -> SC2.0).

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: