More questions! I've a bit of conflict experience under my belt, and I had a few questions come up...
1) How does 'defeat' in social or mental combat work, with multiple actors? In my case, I had a pair of PCs trying to tarnish the reputation of an NPC, who responded in kind. The NPC ended up bringing one PC to 0 Reputation, but the 'battle' continued. Can the 0 Reputation character continue to participate in the conflict? I reasoned no, analogous to how it works in physical conflicts and saying that they had no social credibility left with which to monger rumors.
2) I must admit that I'm missing something obvious somewhere with how Defense Dice work. Specifically, the distinction between Defense Dice granted from taking Total Defense, versus those granted for taking a diceless action. The latter don't 'appear' until an attack is actually made against them, but I'm not quite sure how that matters.
3) Can the Steel Deflection stunt function against metal 'melee' weapons? The text seems to indicate only projectiles 'in motion' can be affected.
4) I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that it is the case, but supposing two characters get into a contest, one beats the other... each character has an Outcome of (Their Roll)-(Opponent's roll), IIRC. Does the losing character also suffer concordant Complications, since their Outcome is guaranteed to be negative unless it was a nudge-broken tie?
5) How does grouping Extras work with respect to pools of Action and Defense dice? If one extra is attacked, chooses to spend some dice to defend himself, and survives, that places him lower in the resolution order. Does he still get to attack with the rest of the group for the 'teamwork' roll?