Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 10:47:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  Question: Organization goals and events?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question: Organization goals and events?  (Read 422 times)
orbis_tertius
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »

I have the Spycraft 2.0 first printing, and was hoping someone could answer a question about organizations and their goals.

The book says that goals allow the organization to give a member 1-2 action dice to add to skill checks or events associated with their goals.

My question is this: How exactly are events associated with goals intended to be used?

For example, I can see a player using action dice to invoke a Shoddy/Worthless Item event on adversaries. But what about things like Marked For Death? Does that mean they can invoke an assassin to pursue their adversaries? Or Endangered Bystanders?

Or does it mean that they can spend action dice to negate the grade of event invoked by the Game Control? This last possibility doesn't make a lot of sense, since I think an organization with the Destruction goal can invoke an Endangered Bystanders event, and given their goal, that's not something they're likely to want to negate.

Any help, advice, or input would be great. I want to allow my players to be able to leverage their organization and the benefits it gives them as much as possible, it's just not clear to me how to do it in this case.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:02:51 AM by orbis_tertius » Logged
Gentry