Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 06:34:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Wind Knight Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wind Knight Question  (Read 388 times)
Pedantic
Recruit

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »

I'm having trouble interpreting the Wind Knight's 5th level ability Glory of the Wind. My two questions are:

1. Can it improve action dice beyond their maximum roll-able value?
2. If so, then if you roll say a 4 on a d4 action die and then Glory of the Wind improves it to a 10, does the action die still explode?
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:11:38 PM »

Actually, if I'm remembering right, Glory of the Wind affects the result, and doesn't really care about the die itself- you roll the die, maybe it explodes, maybe not, you work up it's final result and compare that to your Panache, if it's equal to or greater than the result, replace, otherwise- nothing.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »

Actually, if I'm remembering right, Glory of the Wind affects the result, and doesn't really care about the die itself- you roll the die, maybe it explodes, maybe not, you work up it's final result and compare that to your Panache, if it's equal to or greater than the result, replace, otherwise- nothing.

That's correct. In fact, having just read the ability again, I see that it specifically mentions that it never causes action dice to explode.

Regardless, Deral's interpretation of the rule is the intended application.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: