Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 03:39:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Gen Con 2012: Where's Spycraft?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gen Con 2012: Where's Spycraft?  (Read 3179 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »

If you're looking through our Gen Con 2012 event schedule you may be asking where all the Spycraft events are. The answer is simple: Spycraft is taking a single year off from the show as we ramp up to Third Edition, which will be arriving in 2013. You can expect bigger and better espionage events at next year's show, where Spycraft and Ten Thousand Bullets will be front and center.

We encourage you to attend our Crafty Games Declassified seminar on Thursday from 3-5pm. Spycraft and 10kB will be the main focus of that event, and in fact it will be the first place we discuss some of what we have in store for the return of the world's greatest espionage RPG.

Thanks again! We look forward to seeing you in August.

Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter
for special behind-the-scenes content, contests, prizes, and more!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »

arriving in 2013.

That sounds dangerously like a release date promise....

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »

arriving in 2013.

That's what I was thinking, too. What could possibly go wrong?

(Drat! There doesn't seem to be any wood around here to knock on...)
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »

arriving in 2013.

Considering Spellbound is supposed to be the next book, I'm thinking its just play testing at best.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »

arriving in 2013.

We have no further comment at this time.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:04:22 PM »

Now to just sharpie out the 2013 and replace it with 2012.. ...they'll never notice...
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

Now to just sharpie out the 2013 and replace it with 2012.. ...they'll never notice...

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

I vowed to be more forthcoming where I could, and to generally communicate more whenever possible, so here goes... I'm actually already a little nervous about having put out a date, even a calendar year. It's not that I think we'll miss it but rather like somebody wishing a Broadway singer luck - it's the best way to curse the project, and this project better not be cursed, because it's the first time in Crafty Games history that we've made a conscious effort to put production first right out the gate. We always wind up putting it first in the end. We take the time we need. It's what we do. This time, however, we made a whole lot of critical choices early on to give the project the very best chance of success: we allocated two whole weeks to brainstorming with Alex and I in the same physical location (more time than we've ever spent together for anything); we started with the joint and sometimes conflicting assumptions that "legacy matters" and "anything and everything is on the table" (a choice that we think is producing some of the best work we've ever done); and most importantly, we took a long, hard look at how long we take to launch new lines and made the conscious decision not to release in 2012 (which also has the added benefit of not requiring us to drop other important stuff, like Spellbound and future Fantasy Craft products, and the Mistborn Adventure Game line).

We know, it's hard. We want this out as much as anyone, but this is for the best. Trust me when I say that you don't want us building a game in eight months again (that was the insane time we had with 2.0 - concept to completion, and not by choice - and in the end it hurt the game). You also want us taking the careful, methodical steps along this path we're on right now - you really, really do - because honestly, if we manage even half the stuff we're currently planning it'll be incredible for everyone. This is gonna be really special. We won't allow it to be anything less.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »

For that last line, I thank you immensely.

I think I can speak for those of us who have been around here back when you were part of AEG by saying, we'd rather you put out a high quality product with your name on it than something mediocre with constant updates, errata, and revisions. Crafty Games has that reputation for high quality and I'd rather you did not sacrifice it.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »

Koala says.. if Crafty bunch say 2013 allows for company to be strong, produce excellent crafty products, and remain awesome.. well.. hell.. Koala can get behind that concept 100%.  Does it suck to wait a year for a product we're all clamoring for?  Sure.  Would it suck MORE to get the product we're clamoring for that resembles a Pen and Paper version of Diablo 3?  Oooh yes.  (Oh snap!  Diablo 3 joke!)  So.. for the honesty, the insight and most importantly.. the hard work you guys (..and possibly gals?) put in.. Thank you.

P.S.  I checked the forums during a very boring briefing.. ..and you guys almost made me chuckle at the 2012 sharpie post.  Well done!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:49:50 AM by TheTSKoala » Logged
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »

P.S.  I checked the forums during a very boring briefing.. ..and you guys almost made me chuckle at the 2012 sharpie post.  Well done!

It was rather amusing. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »

For that last line, I thank you immensely.

I think I can speak for those of us who have been around here back when you were part of AEG by saying, we'd rather you put out a high quality product with your name on it than something mediocre with constant updates, errata, and revisions. Crafty Games has that reputation for high quality and I'd rather you did not sacrifice it.

This ^ goes double for me.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 07:24:27 AM »

If anyone wants to just, you know, play Spycraft at gencon, I will probably host an off-grid session or two. (of 2.0, naturally)/

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
tracker7
Mastermind
Operative

MLB > Firefly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »

If anyone wants to just, you know, play Spycraft at gencon, I will probably host an off-grid session or two. (of 2.0, naturally)/

And with this, Gencon just got even better.

The above may be conjecture, deliberate paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

Looking for GMs for Ohio Valley conventions. Some danger involved.
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »

We know, it's hard. We want this out as much as anyone, but this is for the best. Trust me when I say that you don't want us building a game in eight months again (that was the insane time we had with 2.0 - concept to completion, and not by choice - and in the end it hurt the game).

How long would you say that you worked on FC, concept to creation?

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: