Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 07:25:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Questions on Captain's Cadre ability
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions on Captain's Cadre ability  (Read 362 times)
Shreddacon
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

After having this game since it came out at GenCon, I finally find myself in not one, but two games of Fantasy Craft.  One I am a player, the other a GM.  No more having to rely on GenCon to get my Fantasy Craft fix! Smiley

Anyway, I am playing a Captain and I had some questions.  They are probably no-brainers, but I figured I would ask just to be clear.

With the Captain's Cadre class ability (p. 34 in the second printing), is the feat granted by that ability considered a "Temporary Feat", with all the limitations?  Or is it something else?  It is just the wording, which implies a temporary feat (since it has the words "temporarily" and "feats" in the same sentence, but not together), but could be interpreted differently if someone was inclined to do so.

Assuming the answer to the above question is "yes", then the Cadre ability does not work on your Lieutenant, since Personal Lieutenants cannot possess temporary feats, right?  (p. 108)  Seems somewhat odd to have a buddy granted by your class that your core class ability does not work on.  But having said buddy is cool, so its not too bad.
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

You have the rules correct.

The bonus feat from Cadre is most definitely a temporary feat.  Being a temporary feat, the Personal Lieutenant does not gain access to it.

Mechanically, it makes sense by keeping the class abilities separate.  All of the Basic Classes in the main book have the same trait, their first level powers don't inherently make their Core Abilities better either.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: