Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 10:54:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  *Live and Die in Omega Sector* OOC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Live and Die in Omega Sector* OOC  (Read 3342 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »

the sad thing is this whole conversation would have lasted about ten minutes at a table.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »

True. In my defense, I did try to make it start with you walking right into a firefight to give it a fast start.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:06:35 PM by LordKruelos » Logged
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »

then we go through a ton of trouble to avoid one.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »

<neo>"The problem is choice."</neo>  Smiley

True. In my defense, I did try to make it start with you walking right into a firefight to give it a fast start.

Please take this as the constructive criticism it's meant as.

Honestly that's how you should have started: with us through the door, much the way Bond films always start with the action under way and planning long behind him. Heists are notoriously tedious to RP through trying to organise, especially when there are so many possible ways to pull it off
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:50:48 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2012, 11:57:40 PM »

good edit. do not take this as an insult but you can come across as crass.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »

The best GM plots fetch up on the rocks of PCs.

FWIW:  If that was your plan, give us the ship and have that firefight visit us when we dock where ever we are supposed to take her.

I'm still digging this, keep up the good times.   Smiley

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »

*pokenudge*  Apparently we've decided to just kick in the door and charge in guns blazing?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »

<neo>"The problem is choice."</neo>  Smiley

Please take this as the constructive criticism it's meant as.

Honestly that's how you should have started: with us through the door, much the way Bond films always start with the action under way and planning long behind him. Heists are notoriously tedious to RP through trying to organise, especially when there are so many possible ways to pull it off

Frankly that's what I'd thought I'd done by giving the "as the credits roll" setup and starting you on the other side of the door you're about to kick in. I had not anticipated the response to a near-stock equivalent of a basic opening for any module to be a meeting of the Mass Effect PFJ

Then again, my general conclusion regarding play by post games is that half of them will choke themselves to death before ever getting off the ground, and half of the remaining will suffocate before the conclusion of the first adventure.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »

Yeah, I totally didn't get the memo that we already had a plan.   Cry

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »

I still think it's a good adventure to run, I just have lost enthusiasm to run it after 2 months of preparation.

I'd be glad to email my notes out to anyone who'd like to run it, I think you've got the makings of a solid adventure mini-arc already, and now that you're ready to jump, someone could take this and run with it and probably have a great time.  I'd love to see someone who really loves the setting to take this and have a blast.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: