Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 06:29:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  *Live and Die in Omega Sector* OOC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Live and Die in Omega Sector* OOC  (Read 3742 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »

Let the prior planning begin!

Y'all live on a space station in an asteroid field and don't even have an emergency gas mask on hand?

Hmm.  Why can't an omni-tool whip up a quick helmet?

Lyssa has a few ideas:
1)  Sleaze the local security system to keep out reinforcements.
2)  hit the airlock
  or
2)  Vacuum walk and breach the engine room, shutting all the vacuum bulkheads and giving us overall control of the ship.
3)  Profit.

The two options for step two are not mutually exclusive.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines that since the Jinty is probably in a docking bay rather than an external berth (because, well, landing gear), you could send an entry team to just access the bay via the external service/emergency airlock and let everyone else in from inside the bay

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »

One perk to popping an airlock is locking the crewmen in their cabins, so. we don't have to fight them.

Another option is popping out a window on the bridge, but we would have less control on the bridge than in the engine room.  (Call that a Tactics + backstory roll?)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:27:58 PM by MilitiaJim » Logged

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:34:13 PM »

in the mass effect universe windows are purely cosmetic. they have shields that cover them in the event of a rupture and some species do not use windows at all, as they are viewed as structural weakness.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:40:06 AM »

So i'm having chargen issues.

I was gonna take a level of Explorer and Fixer, but then Jon did the same thing. If I play a pure soldier, i'll have almost no gear. If I play a pointman, I won't have room to take Tactical Advantage AND a 'tactics' feat.

Help?!

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 03:20:58 AM »

Zane already has Tactical Advantage as his specialty feat, so as it doesn't stack with other instances of itself that leaves the way free for another tactics feat.

tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

So, I too am a little confused about the situation we've got.  I had assumed that we've worked together before, and that the briefing we got from Tarak was done as a group.  I also assumed we were meeting somewhere inconspicuous.

Anyway, I vote for any plan other than just barging in and shooting our way onto the ship.  I like the plan where we expose the bay and/or ship to vacuum and then just walk in and deal with them at our leisure, but I worry about blowing holes in the station.  That seems like the kind of thing that could make us unpopular on Omega.

On that note, a question for Glimm and LordK.  How long does a quarian enviro suit let me go without air?

And to MillitiaJim, you asked about thermite vs breaching charges.  As far as I can tell, you need a trigger and a detonator to use thermite, which are both upgrades.  Since explosives only come with 1 upgrade, you seem to either need to get 2 units of them, or spend other picks on upgrades.  So, I went with breaching charge to avoid that hassle.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »

Lyssa has gear needed to hop onto the ship and breach the engine room.    That will close all the bulkheads.  If we do it when the crew is out or sleeping, then they are out of the way.

Once we have the engine room, we can lock the crew in their bunks, get the gangway/airlock open, then either kick them out or take them with us when we swipe the ship.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

On that note, a question for Glimm and LordK.  How long does a quarian enviro suit let me go without air?

Never addressed in the games or novels. Part of me wants to say indefinately, but being reasonable, i'd say 24 hours tops.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »

Never addressed in the games or novels. Part of me wants to say indefinately, but being reasonable, i'd say 24 hours tops.
24 hours, with refills available, seems reasonable for any environmental/sealed armor.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 04:35:33 PM »

So, I too am a little confused about the situation we've got.  I had assumed that we've worked together before, and that the briefing we got from Tarak was done as a group.  I also assumed we were meeting somewhere inconspicuous.

No, the set up was that Lyssa, Sev, Zane and Yuri have all seperately worked for Tarak in the past, and he's calling in the favours they owe him to run the heist. Lyssa has in turn called in one of her markers and rocks up to the initial meeting with 3 more asari and a drell (Iriquoi and her bodyguards) in tow.

Which may or may not have thrown a spanner in Tarak's plans, because I can only assume that he's planing to gank us once we deliver the cargo to him.

If we're all of that mind, I'd be happy to say that Iriquoi and co didn't attend the meet with Tarak, keeping the extra folks as an ace in the hole should things proceed as predicted.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:37:08 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »

No, the set up was that Lyssa, Sev, Zane and Yuri have all seperately worked for Tarak in the past, and he's calling in the favours they owe him to run the heist. Lyssa has in turn called in one of her markers and rocks up to the initial meeting with 3 more asari and a drell (Iriquoi and her bodyguards) in tow.
So we're all seeing Tarak as Mr. Johnson; we planned via secure comm-link; and now, in the IC thread, we are sliding into position for this heist.

tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »

Ok, I'm fine with that.  In that case, Sev shouldn't have known Yuri before hand, but I suppose we can assume that Tarak at least told us who we'd be working with, so it's all good.

So, this is the situation I'm envisioning, with the Jinty sitting in a pressurized bay.

If it's more like this, where it's just docked to an airlock, I like Jim's plan a lot better.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:37 AM »

So, Yuri's finished. He's a little more butch than I had anticipated, and he's fucking loaded-for-bear. I think i'm probably carrying way too many weapons, but if Shepherd can do it...

tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:20 AM »

So if I'm understanding you correctly... what you're saying is... you made out like a bandit!
(b t dubs, Zaeed is the best)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: