Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 06:30:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Benefits of mounted combat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Benefits of mounted combat?  (Read 1166 times)
Addax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »

What are the big benefits of mounted combat? The main things I've noticed so far:

1. the obvious fact that you use the movement speed/methods of the mount which will nine times out of ten be an improvement over a PC
2. you gain their DR and resistances of the mount if it's better than the rider's but I assume for many PC's this won't change much
3. The rider decides if he or his mount takes damage- haven't crunched the numbers but I imagine this could be a significant hp sink for a player.
4. you gain the benefits of the mount's larger size, ie massive weapons you wield will knock over medium size creatures.

Is there anything I'm missing? It's not that I don't find the cumulative effects of all of these significant, it's just that our group is fresh from 3.5 and pathfinder and are used to massive damage output from mounted characters. Not that I mind the change, still I want to make sure I'm not missing anything...
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »

Your mounts can attack, I think a War Horse deals 2d8+2.

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »

My mounted characters explanation post is here:
http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=5602.msg101018#msg101018

And that post references this thread: http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=4074.0

Also, I point out the benefits of a high ride skill for a Lancer, (Despite his Born in the Saddle ability) here:
http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=4542.0
Addax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:45:30 AM »

Sweet! Thank you! I have a player that was asking me questions regarding this and I could only tell him what I'd puzzled out so far.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:49:33 AM by Addax » Logged
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »

You're welcome!
Addax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

Is there any way to knock or pull someone off a horse?
Gentry