Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 04:40:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  See You Space Cowboy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: See You Space Cowboy  (Read 8894 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »

Hmm.  Well, next level your omin-tool bumps up to level II.  

A light kinetic barrier wouldn't be a bad idea, and you can spend a Caliber pick to buy upgrades for your pistol.  A good holster and an ACOG would be solid investments.

Glimm, one's omni-tool comes with one Caliber I kit.  Can you add more kits to an omni-tool if you purchase the kit separately?  (I think so.  Am I correct?)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2012, 02:49:03 PM »

For feat training, Caliber 3 options I like: Traceless (a little bit).  Cal 2: Armor Basics, Dash (kind of), Mingling Basics (kind of), Superior Cover.  Cal 1 (feels like a waste, since I can only have 1): Clean and Polished.

The only other option that seems worthwhile to me is one and/or several gadgets and/or explosives.  In that case, the gadgets I'm considering are EMP and EMP hardening, DR, silence, maaaaybe x-ray vision, and possibly some ordinary explosives to fill out any remaining picks I have.

Which leads me to a question I have for LordK.  Can we expect any hacking conflicts?  Normally I avoid them like the plague because they're just so impossibly boring, but in a pbp, that might not be an issue.  The answer will greatly influence whether I hang onto my security software or not.

As far as omni-tool is concerned, I don't think it would be a problem for standard gear, where you get it as an extra on top of whatever gear picks/mission caliber things turn out to be.  Favored gear sets the caliber at 1/3 your level.  But as with a lot of things, it doesn't translate smoothly into the big score gear systems.  Or maybe not, favored gear is a bit of a strange feat anyway.  Using extra gear instead might be better for the next edition.

A light kinetic barrier wouldn't be a bad idea, and you can spend a Caliber pick to buy upgrades for your pistol.  A good holster and an ACOG would be solid investments.

Glimm, one's omni-tool comes with one Caliber I kit.  Can you add more kits to an omni-tool if you purchase the kit separately?  (I think so.  Am I correct?)

I have a light barrier already.  Weapon upgrades feel wrong for the character, and I hope to avoid more fights than not anyway, but I'll have a look.  Also, I read that bit about the kits wrong, I thought it came with all caliber I kits.  That helps with this dilemma somewhat.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »

Which leads me to a question I have for LordK.  Can we expect any hacking conflicts?  Normally I avoid them like the plague because they're just so impossibly boring, but in a pbp, that might not be an issue.  The answer will greatly influence whether I hang onto my security software or not.

At least some of this is dependent on player approach. But since neither you nor I are particularly gung-ho about them, I see it as more likely that if you were to propose a course of action that seems more important than a single skill check, I'd likely break it down to a Complex Check script with different skills for some stages.
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

Awesome.

Also, I have solved my gear conundrum.  Discovering that I still needed to get kits after all was quite helpful in that regard.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2012, 04:21:08 PM »

Glimm, one's omni-tool comes with one Caliber I kit.  Can you add more kits to an omni-tool if you purchase the kit separately?  (I think so.  Am I correct?)

I read that as the omni tool functions as any cal I kit as needed.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »

i have an abscessed tooth that has gone really nasty. i can barely open my mouth wide enough to eat soups jello and pudding. tomorrow going to try to get some antibiotics to reduce the infection, but i don't know how coherent my post will be i will let others do the talking and planning for now, and if you need any driving done please roll for me.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »

Zane can drive a small ship on instruments from the engine room, right?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »

Zane can drive a small ship on instruments from the engine room, right?

Yes, but unless you have a spotter or a video cam you're driving blind. I'd call that a minimum of 1 upgrade but feasible with a Jury Rig check.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2012, 06:51:36 PM »

Hack the sensor systems, give us the data.   Grin

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: