Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 27, 2015, 08:17:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  introducing new metals (feruchemistry)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: introducing new metals (feruchemistry)  (Read 30 times)
rafter613
Recruit

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:55 PM »

So, my players have discovered the allomantic uses of aluminum and duraluminum, however, they don't have any Feruchemists. However, they will soon be in Terris, leading me to ask the question "can Feruchemists instinctively use any (Feruchemically sound) metal?"
That is, if you handed a Feruchemist who had never seen duraluminum before a chunk of it and said "store something in there" would he be able to? If not, how would you suggest discovering the Feruchemic uses of new metals? Some sort of quest, likely, but...
Kurkistan_
Agent

Catquisitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »

Brandon had this to say:

Source:
Josh: How does one detect a new Feruchemist?

Brandon: Feruchemists, when they touch metals, have an empathy for the metal that they can use.
rafter613
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:29:10 AM »

Huh. Does that mean they can instinctively fill them? I thought that was one of the distinctions between allomancy and feruchemy, that allomancy is kind of instinctive? Does that mean that Vin didn't have to try all the different alloys to find duralumin, she could have just had Sazed touch them and see if he could fill them?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: