Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 02:26:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  [wish] Spycraft comics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [wish] Spycraft comics  (Read 1264 times)
Moebius
Agent

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool if there could be a comic book series based on whatever setting comes our way for 3rd Edition. Top Secret/S.I. had one (or sorts) and one for Agent 13. Deadlands has done this and just recently did it again. There were comics based on various White Wolf games. DC had various D&D titles which I thought were neat.

Plus, there aren't enough spy/espionage comics out there....

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »

I'll totally be willing to help write a webcomic if someone else wants to draw it. Though I'm not sure how good I'd be...

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
MedullaOblongata
Crafty n00b

Well in my opinion, ████ █ ███ ██ ███. So there.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 04:02:12 PM »

Old topic is old! I should have seen this sooner... I've been looking to illustrate a simple webcomic for a while. I don't think I'm all that great, but I'd be happy to do it. I don't work in a digital medium though, I have the traditional tools of pen, pencil, colored pencil, and illustration markers at my disposal.

It is in your best interest to ████ ███ ███████ ██ ███ █ █████. That is all.
Moebius
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »

Pathfinder has a comic coming out...

just sayin.

http://waveyourgeekflag.blogspot.com/2012/06/pathfinder-comic.html

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »

I think we need a SC3 webcomic ... I'm lucky if stick figures come out correctly but will happily contribute to the writing of one.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »

Neat!  It's a shame I don't have any artistic talent, as I've always wanted to do a comic.  I'm working on developing those skills though (it's just slow progress).

I'd have my girls totally covered though.  I'm as big a fan of near naked lasses as the next guy, but that caster's outfit looks woefully impractical for both combat and snow (both of which are in the sample pages).
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »

One thing I like about Mass Effect and (generally) about Star Wars is the practical female armor.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

One thing I like about Mass Effect and (generally) about Star Wars is the practical female armor.

Absolutely - Mass Effect 1, in particular.  I was really pleased that everyone went out into space in proper space suits.  The sequels had less of it (*cough* Samara... *cough*), and they kinda hand wave with shield generators and telekinetic shields.  Makes sense that it's like Star Wars in that regard, given how much they have in common as settings.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »

I'd have my girls totally covered though.  I'm as big a fan of near naked lasses as the next guy, but that caster's outfit looks woefully impractical for both combat and snow (both of which are in the sample pages).

Considering that Seoni's not a front-liner, has Endure Elements on tap, and needs access to her tattoos for making magic, she gets a pass.

Plus she's pretty established as being no nonsense, emotionally unavailable, and non-sexual in the fiction. Like ignoring Valeros getting knocked off a bridge in order to finish casting a spell since it was going to take a minute for him to fall... plenty of time to figure something out after the fireball.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »

The first thought that struck my mind was if someone were to take a show, like, Burn Notice, and give it the DM of the Rings treatment (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »

Valve did open up their engine for making machima, so you can build your own screen caps for most things that use the Half Life 2 engine.

Is machima one of those words that doesn't have a plural or should it be machimas?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »

Valve did open up their engine for making machima, so you can build your own screen caps for most things that use the Half Life 2 engine.

Same dude (Shamus Young) did that - check out Stolen Pixels if you're interested.  Hasn't been updated in like a year though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: