Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 11:59:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  The Road to Thustrata (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Road to Thustrata (OOC)  (Read 8839 times)
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

The sequence is very much a consequence of the original source material, so I think we can use a very Crafty solution to move us forward --

I propose we Flash Forward  (FantasyCraft p.367) and I'll even call it a reduced cost (2 AD)

You the party pay 2 AD and then narrate how you bypass either the underground river or the wall of thorns and we'll move from that.  Easy solution.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »

I'd actually favour the thorn wall.
Maybe we could make a battering ram type thingy from a few mshroom stalks and combining our strength force our way through.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »

maybe it is just some kinda prayer from teh priest of nature. i have no wayt o do it within the crunch rule, but some kind of ritual to remove the thorns would not affect the character crunch in any way.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »

As mentioned before, I'm pretty sure we could hack through the thorn wall, it'll just take some effort.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »

As mentioned before, I'm pretty sure we could hack through the thorn wall, it'll just take some effort.

You guys tell me how, narratively, you want to get past the current impasse and we'll fast-forward through.
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2012, 01:35:17 AM »

Count me in for an action die to do this.  I think that leaves me with two, but I'll go back and be sure.

If we as a group are comfortable with leaving the dungeon and coming back with help, I'd like to go ask the Sheriff for some more assistance.  At the least some axes and maybe rope and pulleys so we can cut our way through the thorns.  Even better would be a work gang to do it for us.

If we're not ok with that (and I understand not wanting to leave the dungeon halfway through), then I'd still say we should go through the thorns.  Perhaps we could go back to the entrance and find some tools to use.  Or we could magic our way out of it, we do have a convenient druid after all - and a mage for that matter.  Perhaps a few minutes chanting will convince the branches to part for us.  Really anything is fine as long as we're not risking injury by rushing it, because I see no reason to be reckless here.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2012, 02:56:28 AM »

How about you guys get hacking with whatever blades you have. Sainrith and Epsyr (who are quick) get to the surface and see if they can round up help (and drop off the severed heads by the apple tree). Then if no can get help fast Sainrith will return to help out. And yeh, slow careful hacking to avoid injury is the way to go.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »

If we as a group are comfortable with leaving the dungeon and coming back with help, I'd like to go ask the Sheriff for some more assistance.  At the least some axes and maybe rope and pulleys so we can cut our way through the thorns.  Even better would be a work gang to do it for us.

Based on what you've seen in the tunnels, the sherriff has already sent a workgang in, and it was slaughtered (presumably by the Deep Horrors). You heard rumors earlier in town about how he'd sent for a cohort of extra soldiers.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2012, 10:53:46 PM »

Ok lads looks like we gotta do this ourselves. So how about we narrate us all spending several hours clearing the throns with sword and knife I can provide the other AD required.
Done (?)

"I just do eyes"
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2012, 02:10:16 AM »

Okay.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »

Ok lads looks like we gotta do this ourselves. So how about we narrate us all spending several hours clearing the throns with sword and knife I can provide the other AD required.
Done (?)
Clearing or cutting your path through?
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »

not sure what the difference is. We use blades to cut off sticks and gloved hands drag then out of the way.

"I just do eyes"
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »

not sure what the difference is. We use blades to cut off sticks and gloved hands drag then out of the way.

10' Corridor filled with wall of brambles

[**********]

10' Corridor filled with wall of brambles

[**********]
Cut path through

[**********]

Cleared

tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »

I think we'll probably need to mostly clear the path, since we have the large companions to worry about.  And that'll probably take a while, so I'd say Catodon's plan is a good one.  Sainrith should take Epsyr to go get some tools: axes, saws, ropes, maybe some tarps, and probably some torches or more lamp oil since I don't want to risk our lamp going out, and the rest of us will make do till he gets back.  Then we spend however long clearing out a path wide enough for Grimmar to get through without hurting himself, and then it's back to business.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2012, 12:09:52 AM »

so i am guessing a ritual to open the path is out then?

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: