Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 04:29:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  The Road to Thustrata (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Road to Thustrata (OOC)  (Read 9519 times)
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »

Shadefire
(click to show/hide)
formatted better on the wikki.

Good stuff. Any further thought on Alignment?
i just went with your suggestion. i still feel that the description is a bit eastern for my character.

If we're based loosely on Forgotten Realms, why not something like this: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Silvanus

Alignment: The Oakfather
     Followers of the Oakfather revere nature in its most pristine state. They protect places of nature from the encroachment of civilization, often placing them at odds with those who promote industry. They believe that nature is in cycle and elegantly balanced... they seek to see this balance and teach others to see it as well. Those who cannot see it must be stopped from disturbing it.
     They prefer quiet manipulation over open confrontation and violence to achieve their goals, but will not hesitate to fight if pressed by time or need.
Alignment Skills: Blend, Medicine, Sneak, Survival
Paths: Life, Nature, Storm, Wilderness
Ritual Weapon: Great Mallet of the Oakfather (Maul)
Avatar: Alpha Dire Pack-Leader Wolf (or some kind of Rootwalker rogues' gallery combination, perhaps)
Opposing Alignments: The Beastlord, The Lady of Poison, The Stormlord

I just winged it based on the deity I linked. Any details that don't make sense can be changed to taste.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:29:15 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »

Note: I'm just borrowing a map, not basing it in FR.
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »

I know, just thought I'd throw that out there in case one or the other of you liked it.

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »

why is medicine a alignment skill when it is a class skill for priest.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »

Like I said... if it don't make sense, change it. I just threw that together in like 10 minutes. Didn't audit it properly.

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »

Alignment: The Oakfather
     Followers of the Oakfather revere nature in its most pristine state. They protect places of nature from the encroachment of civilization, often placing them at odds with those who promote industry. They believe that nature is in cycle and elegantly balanced... they seek to see this balance and teach others to see it as well. Those who cannot see it must be stopped from disturbing it.
     They prefer quiet manipulation over open confrontation and violence to achieve their goals, but will not hesitate to fight if pressed by time or need.
Alignment Skills: Blend, Investigate (a little bird told me), Sneak, Survival
Paths: Life, Nature, Knowledge, Wilderness
Ritual Weapon: Great Mallet of the Oakfather (Maul)
Opposing Alignments:(TBD) The Beastlord, The Lady of Poison, The Stormlord
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »

I like the changes! I just based it off Sylvanus... including the opposite alignments (they were just thrown in there... I used titles for everything, no names), substitute your own evil/unnatural powers instead.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:46:54 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »

Looks like it's a case of "Who wants to make a move that might get us all killed"

Assuming Wallace or Shadefire don't leap out of hiding and attack the armed patrol, I will write the next turn Thursday (EST).

I'm going to try to keep this pace and get a GM post out every 2-3 days. This seems to be giving ya'll time to get actions and conversation in while keeping the creative inertia on our side. Let me know if I need to give you more time for talking/planning.
Jigger
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:07 AM »

Lord Kruelos is right, I should probably be using Sneak.
Sneak 1d20+1(+4)
1d20+5=15

Ok, do I do something stupid/awesome, or take the safe path. I guess that depends on how far the top of the hill is.

• 1000ft+ After one round, they would be out of bowshot, but not spell range. I would have enough time then to drop two or three Entangles at the top of the hill, and let them run into them. Statistically most would be snarled up, for a several rounds, but a few would remain free to keep chasing, or free up their friends. If they don't notice me I could then drop an Illusion to distract them, and fade. Even if they see me at that range, I would have a couple of rounds of free spell casting and actions before they could even get back in bow range.
  • 500ft+ Once again can wait for them to drop out of bowshot. Set an Entangle at the top of the hill, which would snare about half of them, but only for a few rounds. We would still have plenty of time drop an Illusion spell to distract them, or fade if they come back.
  • 250ft Let them ride by. Its not worth the risk.

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »

Lord Kruelos is right, I should probably be using Sneak.

Don't let me dissuade you from whatever action you want to take. But there are consequences to be considered Wink

• 1000ft+ After one round, they would be out of bowshot, but not spell range. I would have enough time then to drop two or three Entangles at the top of the hill, and let them run into them. Statistically most would be snarled up, for a several rounds, but a few would remain free to keep chasing, or free up their friends. If they don't notice me I could then drop an Illusion to distract them, and fade. Even if they see me at that range, I would have a couple of rounds of free spell casting and actions before they could even get back in bow range.
  • 500ft+ Once again can wait for them to drop out of bowshot. Set an Entangle at the top of the hill, which would snare about half of them, but only for a few rounds. We would still have plenty of time drop an Illusion spell to distract them, or fade if they come back.
  • 250ft Let them ride by. Its not worth the risk.

The Tesh river valley mellows the landscape of rolling hills, the top of the next swell  is perhaps 300 feet distant from where you're hiding (you are hidden in a dip between two hills). A horse at full gallop would close much of that distance very quickly.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »

As an aside, I am REALLY liking how smoothly this formatting is working to separate Description, Narrative, and Mechanics for a forum game.

Wallace shakes his head, and mutters a word while lowering himself.

(click to show/hide)

"No good, not enough time. Next time I'll plan ahead, and dismissed if they look too big. We'll move onto the village and find the cooper.", he says in a harsh whisper.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:17:11 PM by LordKruelos » Logged
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »

Ah surrounded by forest. Grimm will have plenty of space to roam around if he's not welcome in town. Var's going to owe him a roast suckling pig if he can get one though (stuff like that is where I figure a lot of Var's non-Prudence coin goes, heh)

And yes, I like how the format works, too...

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »

My general approach toward running pickup games is similar to the old adage about weddings:
Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Outright Stolen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: