Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 02:18:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  The Road to Thustrata (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Road to Thustrata (OOC)  (Read 8862 times)
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »

[sarcastic crying font] bu, bu, but its the same spell.[/scf] imagine that though wizzards being more specific than crafty, guess there is a first time for everything.

Our nitpicking is but one of many reasons Pat drinks...
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »

Yep, the tequila banana

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »

So I was giving thought this morning to how much time it will take to wrap up this mini-adventure and transition to the next, so I can honor my word to the replacement players to let them play with characters of their own design.

To me, staying inside The Long Road construct helps allow the PBP games to be easily adapted for use in home games, so definitely staying there.

Tfwfh will be playing
Seravaxiss, Flame Weaver
http://www.crafty-games.com/index.php?q=content/seravaxiss-flame-weaver

What about spinningdice?
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »

I'll throw about a few concepts over the weekend.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:37 AM »

If we are not going to race off in haste Sainrith would like to look to recover arrows before moving off. During the fight he loosed 6 arrows.

roll
unskilled max 15 (1d20+3=9)

Probably don't recover any.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2012, 12:55:44 AM »

So I was giving thought this morning to how much time it will take to wrap up this mini-adventure and transition to the next, so I can honor my word to the replacement players to let them play with characters of their own design.

To me, staying inside The Long Road construct helps allow the PBP games to be easily adapted for use in home games, so definitely staying there.

Tfwfh will be playing
Seravaxiss, Flame Weaver
http://www.crafty-games.com/index.php?q=content/seravaxiss-flame-weaver

What about spinningdice?

Well then, I should probably finish building my character.  I still need to finalize my spell list and pick gear (such as it is) and some interests.  What kind of time frame can I expect, or is it to early to say yet?  I also need (want) to find (or better yet, make) a more appropriate character portrait, and I'm starting a new job on Monday, so this could take some serious time management.

Perhaps I can get a start on that now, I was inclined to choose a language for my final interest, but I'm not sure which one to choose.  Is there one anybody would suggest?  What languages are spoken commonly enough for Sera to have picked up, living in the area?  Are there any language gaps in the party that should be filled, or a (2nd) language everyone in the group knows, and so knowing would would help with fitting in?  Currently she speaks Common (cuz, you know) and Draconic (probably not very useful, but there it is anyway), so just about everything is an option.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2012, 03:35:25 AM »

Sainrith speaks a 'dialect of Elven' and we have another elf in the party if that helps.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »

hrmm, these are not natural, thoughts on how we should pass? sounds like something is inside, and we could set it on fire, though that would fill everything with smoke, and cutting through would take a while.

Have we reached a point where I've thrown too many linear obstacles or are people just being slow to post in early July?  Player feedback/guidance would be really useful here.

(spoiler alert, roughly 75% of this adventure has been a conversion of an old AD&D module as an extended demonstration that it's easier to convert and run old D&D modules (2E and earlier) with FantasyCraft than it is with 3.x or 4E D&D)
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

Sorry, I looked at the situation, went away to have a think and then forgot we had an update.

I'm still kicking around character creation, but replacement character looking to be Svala Shieldfast, Dwarf Priest, was toying with an Ogre (either Troll or Yeti), but with a Drake in the party thought I'd be better with a more standard one.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »

How about a Rootwalker? If I'm letting one player play a dragon, don't feel constrained to 'classic' races -- if it's in the core and you give me backstory to work with equivalent to what Sainrith has, it's probably allowable if you vet it here.

If I'm going to open that box, I need to ask you, the players for some adventure ideas that you'd like to roll with.

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

I have a lot of experience with diverse groups which include Large or bigger characters. As a referee I tended toward wilderness and travel which accomodate bigger folks better than dungeons.

"I just do eyes"
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »

Good point
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »

It's more a personal point, I'm fine with large characters, but when you get 2-3 it starts to seem like a comedy menagerie.
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

It does get a little comic when you have several characters of wildly differing sizes, but I'm not sure that's really a problem.  As for adventure ideas, part of the interest in playing a drake for me is in dealing with and (hopefully) overcoming the "Ahh! Monster! Kill it!" reaction, so I'd find some amount of socializing desirable.  Obviously there are some scenarios where that strains credibility; I'm not going to be invited nor welcome at a society ball no matter how profusely I insist that I'm just here to chat.  I'm also ready to accept the realities that go along with being a large creature.  For the most part, if medium creatures can walk comfortably through a space, then I'll be able to squeeze through.  I may not be able to turn around, but that's probably fine.  And while squeezing is a bad condition, it's no worse than most of the other bad conditions.  As long as combats only infrequently take place in long narrow hallways, it shouldn't be a major problem.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »

One thought I've had, in keeping with the Long Road concept, is setup the 7-samurai-like scenario against something staggering
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: