Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 07:02:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata  (Read 11403 times)
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »

Drawing on Catodon's The Long Road (rotating cast) idea (See: http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6037.0), I thought I might offer another board game, concurrent with the other Long Road game, a different episode if you will.

I'll take the first 5 characters who reply in response to the In Media Res opening below, including any current Long Road characters.

New characters should be added to the OOC thread (http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6040.135) and posted on the Wiki (Update: Looks like the confusion from the initial Long Road ultimately decided on 3rd level, not 1st, do that)

I am going to aim for 2 turns a week, but not be surprised if it slows to a little over 1. I will roll all Passive skill checks and generally make obvious rolls for the players in the interest of moving things forward.

(click to show/hide)

A Meeting On the Road

Your travels have brought you to Thustrata, a remote dale of dark forests and rolling hills to the south. Several days of riding through the hills bring you toward the town of Dagger Falls. The landscape mellows as you descend into the Tesh river valley: the dark woods give way to soggy riverland and occasional outlying farms and fields. You should be drinking cider and eating spiced pies in Dagger Falls by noontime.

You hear pounding hoofbeats and in a moment a band of several riders
comes into view on the road ahead, galloping towards you and throwing frequent
glances behind them.

Who's here? What do you do? You have perhaps 2 rounds at most before the horsemen reach and pass where you stand now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:10:46 AM by LordKruelos » Logged
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:40:08 AM »

The Long Road is 3rd level, so starting at level 1 and not waiting for the current hame to tend seems to miss the point.

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:32 AM »

The Long Road is 3rd level, so starting at level 1 and not waiting for the current hame to tend seems to miss the point.
There was some confusion, so as I recall, Catodon had us stick to 1st level. But if you'd rather do it at 3rd level, fine, it doesn't matter to me, just means I can hit you with a bigger stick. Next question.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:04:29 AM by LordKruelos » Logged
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »

or start at 1st and call it a prequel
or start a whole other game with new characters that is running concurrent with the Long road (with potential for ther two parties to meet or swap members between adventures if it fits the story)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

i think it would be best to wait till catadons game is finished. also i think people are just waiting on info.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »

i think he was going to run just the one adventure, though i will let him speak for himself on that.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »

or start at 1st and call it a prequel
or start a whole other game with new characters that is running concurrent with the Long road (with potential for ther two parties to meet or swap members between adventures if it fits the story)

I like the concurrent idea. Prequels are tricky... what if someone dies?  Wink

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Jigger
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:24:20 PM »

The prequel is cute, but I agree running running prequels is tricky, things rarely stay in tandem.

That said, I would definately be interested.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:40:57 PM by Jigger » Logged

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 12:46:43 AM »

i am interested, just need to know if i need to make a new character or not.

Jigger
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:42 AM »

I'm going to make a fresh one.

http://www.crafty-games.com/content/wallace-ravens-ex-order-blackstaff

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
Jigger
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 02:10:57 AM »

With a whirl of his black cloak the mysterious Wallace, looses his deadly whip. The wicked barbaric lash, made of tattered razor scale hide, rasps with a rattle as it unfurls in front of him like a living creature.

With a muttered word, and a waved gesture, he readies an unseen spell. "Ready, yourself. Somethings coming this way."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:02:07 PM by Jigger » Logged

LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

i am interested, just need to know if i need to make a new character or not.

Make whatever character you'd like to play. I was grouping it under The Long Road umbrella a) in case anyone wanted to save time and reuse a character, and b) to build on the core idea of Generic Fantasy Short Adventures.

Jigger
Wallace of the Ravens,
Ex-Order of the Blackstaff
Grizzled Human, Fighter, Mage 3
http://www.crafty-games.com/content/wallace-ravens-ex-order-blackstaff

Foproy
Shadefire
elf druid priest 3

Fiendbasher
Vár
Vár and the powerfully muscled, saber-toothed black vargyr Grimmar
lvl 3 orc-blooded human Captain with a Vargyr personal lieutenant
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:20:37 PM by LordKruelos » Logged
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »

"They seem to be running from something."

The voice was rough, the kind of voice that seemed more suited to shouting across the field of war than levelly issuing such a calm assessment. It was the kind of voice that well suited the decidedly feral-looking man who wielded it. Though relatively young, he was lean, scarred and savage... with an unkempt shock of black hair, amber eyes, slightly pointed ears, and canine teeth that were just too large and sharp.

"Let's see what they're more afraid of, whatever's chasing them, or us... shall we?"

As Vár maneuvered to the middle of the road and turned his mount to face the oncoming riders, it was quite plain why he thought the sight of him might inspire fear. He was clad in battle-tested ring and leather armor, and bore a spear with a wicked-looking head in one hand and a wooden shield in the other. A black wolf-skin cape complete with wolf's head draped over his back, augmenting his bestial appearance even further. But it was not this, nor even his predatory aspect that was the most intimidating thing about him: rather it was the beast he sat astride. Looking like the spawn of an unholy union between wolf and bear, the powerfully muscled, saber-toothed black vargyr Grimmar was nearly as tall as a horse and easily as heavy.

'Hrrrurrrg....' Grimmar's black lips pulled back from his huge fangs, and he uttered an unsettlingly pleased-sounding rumble of anticipation as he watched the oncoming riders with red-rimmed, golden eyes.

Vár addressed his allies, "Be on your guard, until we know what we're dealing with..." in as much a growl as speech.

The feral rider brought up his spear in readiness and waited for the horsemen to draw nearer.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:46:10 AM by Fiendbasher » Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »

(Two nice characters off the bat. I'll wait until Saturday morning and post the first true turn then based on who has thrown their hats into the ring by then).
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »

shadefire stands quietly allowing calmer heads to discover what is going on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: