Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 10:35:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata  (Read 11068 times)
foproy
Control
******
Posts: 2441


View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »

Quote
shade fires stands when the girl falls back to sleep, "let her rest for the night, i will return to see if there is any change in the morning." he walks out of the front door, "grimm khelos come." and with that he moves quickly back to the meeting point on the road.
Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Jigger
Jr. Agent
**
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »

Wallace leaves the town quietly and returns to the randevu.
Logged

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 988



View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

Rendezvous at Sunset
Outskirts of Dagger Falls



By the time the travelers have returned to the outskirts and rejoined their animal companions, it has grown late and the sun is beginning to set.
Logged
foproy
Control
******
Posts: 2441


View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 10:26:20 PM »

Quote
i hope you have seen results in you investigations. i have found some interesting bits from the farmers. it seems this jax is quite the villain to the people.[/spoiler]
Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Jigger
Jr. Agent
**
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »

Quote
Wallace rattles off his list of rumors like a soldier giving a report before breaking down into conversation.

"We choose right. Something is definitely going on in Daggerfalls right now. I've run into a whole slew of odd goings on beyond the sleeping sickness, but haven't had an opportunity to investigate many of them.”

“As for Jax, Florrin was right. He's well hated, and has built himself up quite a powerbase, but I dont think he has anything to do with any of this. The sickness has caused him more headaches, then made him gains. While I can easily check him out I also have half a dozen other possible sources to check. What did you get?”
Logged

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
foproy
Control
******
Posts: 2441


View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »

Quote
"We do need to get a closer look at this Jax, i have heard he has sent healers to the outlying farms. Though there efforts have seen less effect than mine, so they could be a ploy. it is also possible that it is comming from the one who asked us to look at jax as a way to rouse the locals into standing against Jax. I will pray on it tonight.for now let us attend to our accommodations for the evening."
that night when he turns in shadefire mixes a special blends of herbs into his pipe smokes it and falls into a trance as he sleeps

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:47:35 AM by foproy » Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Jigger
Jr. Agent
**
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »

Quote
"Investigating Jax should be easy enough, he's hiring both mercenaries and wizards alike. I'll approach his him tomorrow and see what work he has available. Even if he doesn't know anything, we may manipulate him into funding our venture with a little clever guidance. ”
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:08:07 AM by Jigger » Logged

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
Fiendbasher
Agent
***
Posts: 199


Good ≠ Nice


View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 02:34:59 AM »

Although Vár didn't manage to secure a roast pig, he did make up for it with a couple roasted fowl... which he hands over to Grimmar, after taking a bite out of one of them himself. Upon hearing Wallace's idea, a grin spreads across his face and he scratches the scruff of his chin.

Quote
"Excellent thinking. We're certainly not strangers to mercenary work,"  he says, thumping his blackened shield. "So when we go back in, I will take Grimmar with me. If they find themselves not objecting to him then I doubt they're going to object to your friend either, Shadefire. That is... if you are going to openly associate with us while we do this. You might actually wish to keep your relation to us unknown when we're dealing with Jax and stay close to the people if that's where you think you can do the most good."

"Either way we'll be working in concert, and in unity once we know the truth of what's going on."


(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:40:22 AM by Fiendbasher » Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Jigger
Jr. Agent
**
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »

Quote
Wallace nods. "We'll rest here tonight then, it might be hard to claim poverty if we could afford to stay in the inn.”, with that Wallace rises and heads out to the main road to set a scrye point.

Finding the point that most overlooks their potential campground from the road, Wallace lights his pipe and begins to draw a series complex patterns on the ground.


(click to show/hide)
Logged

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 988



View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »

Travelers in the Dark
Outskirts of Dagger Falls



The party opts to hide themselves away off the road, making no fire and with Wallace setting a ward to alert them of any to approach from the road, watching the road in shifts and resting.

Early in the night, not long after sundown, at least 3 groups of riders, each 20 strong, rode out from the town into the darkness -- as they pass, they seem to be cursorily scanning the shadows at the sides of the road, but not slowing much, shining beams from their shuttered lanterns here and there.

(click to show/hide)


Quote from: Wallace
Wallace chuckles "as if they'll find anyone that way." 


Quote from: Vár
"Even in town, the watch was never smaller than squads of 10, and none of the patrols I've seen are smaller than a dozen -- the Sheriff may have lost men here and there from smaller patrols. It may also be that the soldiers themselves refuse to patrol in smaller numbers.

Later in the night, the ward is tripped again, and Wallace glances to the road:

You see a short, dark form in the shadows on the road ahead of you. It seems to have spikes all around its head, elbows, and legs, but it is scuttling away too quickly to tell for sure.
Logged
Fiendbasher
Agent
***
Posts: 199


Good ≠ Nice


View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »

Grimmar seems to be the first to notice the shape on the road. He jerks his head up, ears swinging forward and eyes reflecting the moonlight with an eerie blue-green shimmer.

Quote
'Rrreghrr.' Almost immediately the vargyr rolls to his feet. He lays his sharply pointed ears back and stalks over to where the creature was on the road, with an intent that looks predatory. For such a large beast he can be unsettlingly quiet.

Quote
"Oh great," Vár mumbles quietly, standing up as well, "I'd better follow him. Be on the lookout in case there's more--- whatever that thing was. The one we saw could be a distraction."

Vár picks up his spear and follows a fair distance after the vargyr.


(click to show/hide)
Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 988



View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:47 AM »

The vargyr stalks over to where the creature was on the road, measuring the scents around the road, pausing several hundred feet ahead with a slight whine at something in the shadows, then loping off again.

When Vár reaches the spot where the vargyr had paused, he finds a bloody patch of grass by the side of the road, with fur and a small pile of bloody organs unmistakable to the experienced hunter -- the remains of a small animal being field-dressed.

(click to show/hide)

Vár follows Grimmar's path, finding the vargyr sniffing confused along a hedge, as if the trail had suddenly stopped at the barrier with no clear evidence of where or how the quarry passed.

(click to show/hide)
Logged
Fiendbasher
Agent
***
Posts: 199


Good ≠ Nice


View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »

Vár examines the area that Grimmar is scouring over, but doesn't have any more luck picking up the trail. He notes the dog skin and his lips briefly draw to a thin line. He looks quite perplexed. His pointed ears twitch as he tries to listen over the sound of crickets and the vargyr's persistent snuffling.

Quote
'Hrrreh.' The vargyr creases his muzzle in frustration and lifts his head, weaving his nose from one side to the other in an attempt to air-track.

Vár, on the other hand, suspects something and heads back to the camp to get the attention of someone more magic-savvy.

Quote
"Whatever was out there, it skinned an animal and then apparently vanished into thin air... we can't find a trace of it. This might bear a closer looking at, if one of you thinks you might be able to find something that my eyes and Grimmar's nose could not."
Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 988



View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »

Sunrise at the Crossroads
Outskirts of Dagger Falls



By morning, the answers are no more clear -- whatever the creature was, it was smaller than man, but moves on 2 feet. At home in the dark, able to pass through the wild near-untraceable, with a taste for dog.

Logged
Jigger
Jr. Agent
**
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »

Quote
Wallace shakes his head. "No sorry, my Scryes are fixed and take time. It was long gone before I could see anything. What did the tracks look like, it clearly wasn't natural.”.
Logged

What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!