Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 02:48:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TheLongRoad] The Road to Thustrata  (Read 11787 times)
tfwfh
Operative
****
Posts: 443



View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2012, 11:55:47 PM »

After a moment's though, Wallace extinguishes his pipe and returns it to the folds of his traveling cloak.  He looses his staff and uses it to probe the depth of the river.
"Well, I suppose we should continue on.  The river seems to run roughly in the direction of the thorn walled tunnel, perhaps they meet up further on.  It looks like we can walk along this ledge here, just everyone take your time and watch your step; we're in no rush and the stone is probably slick from the water."
He'll then put away his staff again to keep at least one free hand, and waits for everyone to set off in their accustomed marching order.
Wallace
Logged

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1944



View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »

Sainrith to Wallace "We should investigate but the ledge only goes a little way. If we can find a way to ford the river the tunnel yonder looks promising. Maybe the ledge leads to a shallow ford or something."
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2012, 05:05:59 AM »

"Maybe there's a tunnel this side of the ledge, maybe scouting ahead would be better than dumping us all in the water if it collapses?"
Logged
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 998



View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »

Is anyone moving?
Logged
foproy
Control
******
Posts: 2523


View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »

ijm waiting on the others.
Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2012, 02:32:23 AM »

I'll take the narrow ledge, is it narrow enough to require rolls? If so I'll see if anyone has rope to tie around me and someone relatively strong to reel me back out of the water if I fall.
Logged
foproy
Control
******
Posts: 2523


View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2012, 03:25:30 AM »

could we make a bridge with the mushrooms?
Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1944



View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2012, 06:29:05 AM »

I'll take the narrow ledge, is it narrow enough to require rolls? If so I'll see if anyone has rope to tie around me and someone relatively strong to reel me back out of the water if I fall.

(click to show/hide)
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 998



View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »

could we make a bridge with the mushrooms?


You could try. They'd have to be lashed together since the water is flowing reasonably quickly.

I'll take the narrow ledge, is it narrow enough to require rolls? If so I'll see if anyone has rope to tie around me and someone relatively strong to reel me back out of the water if I fall.

(click to show/hide)

The ledge is uneven, but over 12" wide, but it is slippery from the mist and spay. I'll say a DC 15 Acrobatics/Balance check (success = move up to 1/2 speed, per p.69)
Logged
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 998



View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »

Given the delay it seems like everyone is waiting for someone else -- I'm going to press ahead with Var's action.

I'll take the narrow ledge, is it narrow enough to require rolls? If so I'll see if anyone has rope to tie around me and someone relatively strong to reel me back out of the water if I fall.

Tying a rope around his waist, Var hands the rest to Wallace and begins to edge his way out into the river tunnel, working his feet carefully to find purchase on the narrow ledge.

(click to show/hide)
Var moves 5' along the ledge -- it's slow going and even with his Skinwalker's Cape helping him see in the faint light, Var can't seem to shake the thought of being whisked away into the uncertain darkness of the underground river.
Even with the limited light, Var, getting a better look at the river tunnel is certain that while the area near the former arch has a higher ceiling as part of a natural cavern structure, the river tunnel continues on its own further, with a gradually descending ceiling within Var's sight range.

Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2012, 07:00:41 AM »

Just to clarify - I'm pretty sure this ledge goes nowhere right?

In that case are we just above water level or is there a drop on this side?
Logged
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 998



View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »

Just to clarify - I'm pretty sure this ledge goes nowhere right?

In that case are we just above water level or is there a drop on this side?

Just a bit above water level -- it's little more than a partial shelf above the water.
Logged
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 998



View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »

Narrative Fast-forward to get things moving again

Faced with the choice of leaping into the darkness of the underground river or cutting their way through a wall of thorns, our heroes return to the wall of thorns, taking what precautions they can and spending what feels like an hour cutting a path through the thick, twisting brambles.

(click to show/hide)

The heroes force their way through the last of barrier. As the tunnel narrows, passing into the darkness of an open portal, Shadefire notices a snarling growl and the clanking of chain inside the portal. The sound of an angry watchdog is unmistakable.


Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 02, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »

Assuming Shadefire makes us aware, ready an attack for if it rushes us.
Logged
LordKruelos
Handler
*****
Posts: 998



View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »

Assuming Shadefire makes us aware, ready an attack for if it rushes us.

It poses only a slight threat to the party as a combatant, but if it sounds the alarm you may find yourselves in greater danger
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!