Author Topic: From the Ashes (IC)  (Read 17426 times)

MikeS

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
Spoiler: show


Seeing as I have nothing much but blades at hand, I think Bronn will keep on doing what he's doing. No change to action, I will just add a free action.

Do we have much of a fire left, and does this thing look like I could grapple it reasonably? It's bigger than Bronn, but Bronn is mighty.



"Demon cats! Look for a second one!", Bronn calls out while struggling with his beast.

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2012, 01:57:21 AM »
When the shot is fired Brindlglib wakes with a start but he does NOT spring-up. Instead he lies nearly still and looks around while quietly drawing his little tempered sword.
Spoiler: show

Brindlglib’s people are closer to the bottom of the food chain and like all small squeaky mammals are instinctively unobtrusive, at least outside of social events.
Free action Blend check: (referee to secretly roll).
Free action Notice Awareness (referee to roll)
Half action: draw sword.
Half action: Anticipate. Use this on the second cat if he spots it otherwise on the cat attacking Bronn.
1d20+5=20
Note the gnome is still flat footed at this point. err I mean prone

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:15:54 AM by Catodon »
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »
Sword in hand, the little gnome squirms ineffectually in the cat’s jaws…
Spoiler: show

initiative +5
1d20+5=16.
Athletics to escape held:
Unskilled -2
1d20-2=-1

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2137
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:42 PM »
Bronn feels the second spike attack sink home and the big cat quivers under him.

Brindlglib feels the cat try to drag him away from the fire.  As it repositions him, the teeth sink in a bit more.  Although he is able to get his sword free, he is unable to break the grip the cat has on him.

Baxton, Lief and Ronan seem to be fighting off another Cat some distance away.

Sidari notices that Brindlglib is in peril and charges over toward him.  She swings and trips the cat with her attack.  The sprawled cat growls which Brindlglib finds both fascinating and terrifying as his head vibrates.

Spoiler: Damage Rolls • show

1d8+1 = 2
Damage to Brindlglib from bite.
1d6 = 6
Stress Damage from growl.

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
Brindlglib is surprised to find some steel within himself and with new resolve musters all his puny strength in a bid for freedom from the cat’s jaws…
Spoiler: show

Will save +3 to avoid shaken
Will (1d20+3=17)

Athletics to escape held:
Unskilled -2
max15 (1d20-2=6)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »
Thinking her attack would have made it let go of the gnome Sidari adopts more aggressive measures and pokes her staff at anything that looks like it will be sensitive.

Spoiler: show

Kind of blending into one, but she's trying to hurt and goad it, so in game terms:
Attack Roll (1d20+4=22, 1d8+1=9)
Taunt (1d20+6=9)
Looks like that's not going to work...

MikeS

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2012, 12:29:57 AM »
As he tumbles, Bronn rolls past the open backpack with the lamp oil flasks, and a desperate plan forms in his mind. He jabs the feline into the ribs, then jumps on its back and grabs it around the neck.

Spoiler: show

Grapple check: 1d20+7=23

Bronn will try to Grapple the kitty, then manipulate item (grab an oil vial and smash it on the cat's head), and finally push/pull the cat over into the embers of the fire. His next few Athletic checks will be dedicated to those tasks in that order. If I find that the cat is just too tough to grapple, I will stop after the next check.



ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2137
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »
Bronn is surprised to feel the big cat go limp in his arms.  Sidari's jab forces the cat to open its mouth, unceremoniously dropping Brindlglib to the ground.  It then bolts away from the larger forms around it.  Sidari notes that it seems smaller than the one Bronn was fighting.

Baxton walks up and simply says, "We hired good swordsmen," before collapsing in what could be either exhaustion or a case of nerves.

Although the immediate threat is past, there is growling in the brush outside camp.

spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
Sidari giggles a little, nervously. "Well, I doubt any of us will be able to sleep after that - how about we stoke up the fire a bit and get working on making us an entrance?"


Bronn and I were the last watch, I believe, so I'm guessing we're somewhere around 6 in the morning? How long until it gets light? (3 watches giving 8 hours rest to each watch 8-12, 12-4, 4-8?)
May be an idea for us each to carry a flaming torch until it gets light again.

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2012, 12:46:42 AM »
Shaking himself Brindlglib gets unsteadily to his feet dropping his little sword with a ‘ting’. “Drat it, half eaten and feline slobber over my waistcoat. Look at it, well look at it, the brocade is quite ruined I’m sure."
 The gnome sighs heavily,  "I better find a little water and vinegar and see what I can do to make the most of it.” . Despite his manner, it seems the fellow has a cool head; perhaps a cool head is needed when you are so small that you are beset by dangers just going down to the market.

From this point on Brindlglib make a point of sleeping in an empty barrel. He rigs the barrel lid into a little door, which he pulls closed behind him before settling to sleep.
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

MikeS

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
Though surprised by the big cat going limb, Bronn wastes no time and attempts to snap its neck, which he follows up with dragging the beast to the fireplace. He's still ready for it to start moving at any time. Holding it with one arm, he douses the head of the beast in lamp oil and then thrusts it into the fire.

"Better burn these things. Sidari, have Lief and Ronan bring theirs over, too."

Once the bodies are disposed of and the fire is stoked, Bronn agrees that the party should start preparations for the next day. Those who can still sleep should do so, though.