Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 08:27:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Excel Based Character Sheet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Excel Based Character Sheet  (Read 9280 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »

We do owe you something then. My apologies. I'll go send that along now. Smiley

Done!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »

The 'Final' (for now) version has just been sent to Pat & Alex.  Smiley

Once it's made available for download, I'd very much appreciate any feedback, suggestions or bug reports from anyone who takes a look!

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »

The 'Final' (for now) version has just been sent to Pat & Alex.  Smiley

Once it's made available for download, I'd very much appreciate any feedback, suggestions or bug reports from anyone who takes a look!

It's now live. Have at!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 03:15:12 AM »

I'm running through re-creating one of my PbP characters in this now, and first impressions is: Awesome! This is definitely one of the better excel setups I've tried, so well done mr cjs65 Smiley

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
ice_117
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 05:33:49 AM »

I'm trying to make  a saurian character but I can't seem to figure out how to apply the attribute modifiers. There's some red text on page one that says I need to apply them but I don't know how.
cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 09:00:08 AM »

I'm trying to make  a saurian character but I can't seem to figure out how to apply the attribute modifiers. There's some red text on page one that says I need to apply them but I don't know how.

Hi Ice, the key is that anything in a green cell can be changed. If you take a look at the table of species underneath the talent & specialty sections, you will see that the attribute modifiers for saurians, unborn are green. That's where you apply the attribute modifiers. This also needs to be done for some human talents in the Talents table.

Hope that clears things up!
ice_117
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »

Hi Ice, the key is that anything in a green cell can be changed. If you take a look at the table of species underneath the talent & specialty sections, you will see that the attribute modifiers for saurians, unborn are green. That's where you apply the attribute modifiers. This also needs to be done for some human talents in the Talents table.

Hope that clears things up!

Sorted. Thank you, I'll post more if I need help.
Bhurano
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 03:50:24 AM »

@cjs65

Damn great excel sheet. Smiley

I may have found a minor bug, or my english failed me. Roll Eyes

For a mage build I set the campaign quality to "fast proficiencies" but it doesn't seem to register. If I am not mistaken a mage with fast proficiencies should end up with 22 proficiencies. I had listed 12 instead of the 22 proficiencies.

I hope that helps... and thanks for sharing your awesome work. Smiley
cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »

@cjs65

Damn great excel sheet. Smiley

I may have found a minor bug, or my english failed me. Roll Eyes

For a mage build I set the campaign quality to "fast proficiencies" but it doesn't seem to register. If I am not mistaken a mage with fast proficiencies should end up with 22 proficiencies. I had listed 12 instead of the 22 proficiencies.

I hope that helps... and thanks for sharing your awesome work. Smiley

Hi, thanks for the positive feedback, glad you like the sheet. I just checked the problem you reported and you are absolutely correct about the proficiencies. Somehow I just got the formula wrong...

I'm in Germany on business at the moment but as soon as I get back home to the UK I'll get it fixed. I must admit I don't know how Pat and Alex want to handle updates/fixes - I don't want to swamp them with new versions every other day. Watch this space...

Carl.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »

I'm in Germany on business at the moment but as soon as I get back home to the UK I'll get it fixed. I must admit I don't know how Pat and Alex want to handle updates/fixes - I don't want to swamp them with new versions every other day. Watch this space...

We appreciate the consideration. Uploading a new version once we have one up isn't much of a hassle, but keeping it to no more than one update every couple weeks would be great. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »

Back home and able to make changes now. What I'll do is aim to send an updated version to Crafty on about 4th May. Any problems reported by the end of this month will be fixed in that release.

Of course, I'm not just looking for problems; any ideas/suggestions to make it better are very welcome - No guarantee I'll run with every suggestion but I'll certainly review each one and give it serious consideration.

Thanks to all who are looking and trying out the sheet!

Carl.
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »

I note that the list of Specialty names seems to be hard coded, could you add an option for custom specialty names? Also, the Feats and Abilities section is waaay too small, my character is only 6th level and he's already filled most of it (thank you, Crafty guys Wink )

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
Arakor
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »

I'll second that call for customisation.
I'd like to use some of the classes and specialities from the Adventure Companion.

cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 03:21:03 PM »

I note that the list of Specialty names seems to be hard coded, could you add an option for custom specialty names? Also, the Feats and Abilities section is waaay too small, my character is only 6th level and he's already filled most of it (thank you, Crafty guys Wink )

1. Specialty names. Good idea, shouldn't be a problem.

2. Feats and abilities. This is one I've been concerned about and I've mentioned previously. One thing I've done when using the sheet is not list origin/class abilities that only provide a bonus, just put the bonus in the right place and forget it. Also, multiple abilities can be combined into one entry (but not feats) if you can fit enough text in. The only sheet change solution I have currently is to overflow to a second sheet, which is certainly possible. I've been looking for a spot to add in sight & hearing range info, and another sheet would provide the required space...

Any thoughts welcome!

Carl.
cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »

I'll second that call for customisation.
I'd like to use some of the classes and specialities from the Adventure Companion.

Already there! Let me know if I missed anything though...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: