Author Topic: Just ran my first successful one shot of FantasyCraft, had some gming questions.  (Read 4493 times)

FanaticRat

• Recruit
    • View Profile
No, not that, I meant the houseruling in lightweight for claymores/ignoring damage dice reduction and allowing one to take species feats outside their species with sorceror. I honestly have no idea where all this converting stuff from TOG and custom campaign qualities stuff came from.

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
I am perhaps a little overfond of homebrew, but it fits in well to my mind with the general picture of "your dungeon, your dragon, your way", plus heavy customisability in general to occasionally waive the odd restriction by GM fiat.

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
No, not that, I meant the houseruling in lightweight for claymores/ignoring damage dice reduction and allowing one to take species feats outside their species with sorceror.
By default allowing the sorcerer to do that is not allowed.  We are saying the game's not likely to break if you do it the way you seem to have thought it was saying (i.e. allow taking feats outside your Species).

Don't allow claymores to bypass DR.  Armor Piercing exists precisely to be the mechanism by which physical damage and armor are balanced, and not using AP for that context is probably a bad idea.  Giving the claymore some AP for free probably won't break anything.

Can't say any more on mechanics since I'm likely to misread them.

TKDB

• Handler
    • View Profile
Don't allow claymores to bypass DR.  Armor Piercing exists precisely to be the mechanism by which physical damage and armor are balanced, and not using AP for that context is probably a bad idea.  Giving the claymore some AP for free probably won't break anything.

He was talking about ignoring damage dice reduction (ie, from Small-Scale), not ignoring DR.

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
He was talking about ignoring damage dice reduction (ie, from Small-Scale), not ignoring DR.
I really hate being me.

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
I really hate being me.

We can fix that for you, just sign these forms before we get started.
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing without things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
PSN: Krensky_   Steam + GOG: Krensky

FanaticRat

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Hey so first off I wanted to thank everyone here for giving feedback. I really appreciate the help. Unfortunately, my preliminary game has kind of crashed and burned, and honestly I don't think I'm capable of running this game in a satisfactory manner. I think maybe I just need experience playing or something, but for now I think I'll step out of the gm seat.