Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 01:40:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  "Buy the Mistborn Adventure Game"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Buy the Mistborn Adventure Game"  (Read 640 times)
ancientcampus
Recruit

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »

Hey, I don't mean to make a fuss, but the website is still a little confusing about the availability of the soft & hardcover books.

On the "Buy the Mistborn Adventure Game" page,
http://www.crafty-games.com/category/line/mistborn
I can now see at the very bottom if I scroll past everything: "At this time we expect the print books will ship to direct-order customers in March."
While it's not false advertising, the website seems unintentionally misleading. I usually expect "Buy" to mean "Buy", and "Preorder" to mean "Preorder". I originally purchased the softcover as a Christmas gift for a friend, and am still embarrassed to tell him that it's still pending.
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Pat or Alex hop on to address your concern, but you may get a more immediate response by emailing them directly.

To make it easy for you, here are the email addresses:

Pat

Alex

I can empathize with you, having preordered the game in August as a birthday present. Of course, it was a present from me to me, so it's not quite the same...

Perhaps you can see about changing the order to include the PDF and forward that on to the recipient to bide the time?

As to the copy, I can see how it could appear a bit misleading. That being said, I believe that the changes being wrapped in are also a bit more extensive than the guys at Crafty originally anticipated, which means that it is taking longer to finish it up and get it printed and shipped than previously expected.

I hope your friend enjoys the finished product!
ancientcampus
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »

Thanks for the helpful advice! Fortunately, I did buy the ebook, so I was able to pass that on earlier. :D
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:40:13 AM »

Hey AC,

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been up in Portland with Alex toiling away on Spycraft Third Edition, and when I first saw this post I wasn't able to respond. Unfortunately, I was then buried in other things.

As a quick update on the Mistborn Adventure Game, the text revisions are complete and the book's back in layout to address text reflows. Once that's done I'll be building the index and requested rules summary, rounding the book out to a full signature (that's printing parlance for a number of pages that are naturally bound together), and then it's off to the races (or rather, off to the printer). We should have a firm ETA from the printer not long after delivery and we'll be posting a more complete update then (as we've mentioned in the past, we've found it's much more helpful to hold off posting until we have something substantial to say).

Thanks again for your patronage! Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pages: [1] Go Up Print