Posing is a good point. Until the end of the block, or planet, we'll fight. Then go off and find somewhere else to fight.
Also makes for a good battle cry.
"To the end of the Earth, WE FIGHT!"
By the way, I think I have the general math for some new gear lined up properly. At least for some basic personal weaponry, anyway:
- "Fire Orb" style Plasma (Or Pulse Plasma) are Laser-type weapons using scale-numbered d8s (4d8 for rifle, 3d8 for pistol, for instance), offset by an extremely short range. At the same time, however, can except certain upgrades that help improve that range (example: pulse stabilization device). Will mostly be a requisition only type deal for humans.
- "Flint" style Plasma will be more conventional in stats, basically upgunned versions of the Russian AP weapons from the BFoGs supplement. Some will have the ability to "splash", in effect be similar to using Frag-12 shotgun shells. Some prototypes can be used as Cal V picks by humans.
- Lasers are, well, Laser-type weapons using scale-numbered d6s (4d6 rifle, 3d6 pistol), with moderate range, and the added bonus of having multiple laser-based upgrades automatically. Many will be Cal V picks by humans.
- "Upgunned Kinetic" (GAET guns, multi-purpose missile launchers, advanced RPGs) will be the most commonly available to CETT characters. Still fudging a bit with the stats, but I do know that the 6mm rifle will be 5d4 damage, with the general direction being "high base damage, high range" without as many frills.
- Also, there is a "class" of alien weapons that I haven't mentioned yet, called "Crystal". Think Eldar from WH40K, only if they were built by the Atlantians from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Essentially the opposite of CETT's "get around the DR via extreme base damage", with an "low damage (for it's size), very high AP". Kind of still in the planning phases, stats wise.
- Finally, am working on "Custom Baseline" human weapons, an in-universe result of an "EX-Caliber" initiative that tries to take the best parts of Earth's weapon designs, smoosh them together, and then further upgrade them using captured alien alloys. Highlights include an automatic handgun in .454 Cassul, a 6.8mm assault rifle with all the trimmings, and a .30 machine gun that you can shoot while standing up. Most available to humans, even those not CETT, and can be used in public without arousing too much suspicion.
For those wondering, the main difference between "Upgunned Kinetic" and "Custom Baseline" is that Upgunned looks more far future (ie. Battlefield 2142, Starcraft, Halo), while Custom looks like someone mashed some different guns together (probably using Pimp My Gun) before adding some glowie sci-fi bits.
Hope to post more soon.