Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 06:11:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  In Store Availability?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In Store Availability?  (Read 1169 times)
jkusters
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »

Someone purchased a pre-order of this game for me from a local gaming story for the holidays. As you can probably guess, I'm eager to get my hands on the book. However, no-one at the store seems to know when they will be getting their copies.

Does anyone here know when the book should be hitting retail shelves?

Huh?
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »

It's going to be a little while yet. They're making some final revisions to it right now. Then there will be a short time while it goes back through layout. Then it is sent off to the printers. Then it is shipped to distributors. Then it heads to stores.

At least, I believe that is the order of operations...
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:42:02 AM »

Dreamstreamer is correct. We're currently hoping the book will start reaching stores sometime in late March or early April. If you preordered, you will be seeing the book sooner, as we don't have to worry about the warehouse-distributor-retailer step of the process Smiley

remial
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:37:02 AM »

any guesses as to when those of us who pre-ordered will get the book in our grubby little mitts?
I REALLY want this book.   Grin
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »

Best guess? A week or two before it hits store shelves. That means, based on Alex's hopes, mid to late March at the soonest.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

Your game room, kid-friendly again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »

any guesses as to when those of us who pre-ordered will get the book in our grubby little mitts?
I REALLY want this book.   Grin

We'll be updating you guys as we have something of substance to report. I expect you'll see something soon, though I very much doubt it will be an ETA. That's still a couple steps down the road and very much depends on the printer's work load and a variety of other factors that are currently well outside our control.  

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
jkusters
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »

It's getting to be late March. Any updates on the "warehouse-distributor-retailer step of the process"? When can I take my receipt to the FLGS to get my copy?

(BTW, in the future, when a person has indicated that someone else had pre-ordered something at a local game store as a gift, it might be wiser *not* to suggest to that person that they should have pre-orderered through the web site. That came across as either intentionally rude or unintentionally insensitive.)

Thanks,
JOhn.
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »

(BTW, in the future, when a person has indicated that someone else had pre-ordered something at a local game store as a gift, it might be wiser *not* to suggest to that person that they should have pre-orderered through the web site. That came across as either intentionally rude or unintentionally insensitive.)

I'm probably just a bit dense, but where did they suggest that the person should have pre-ordered through the web site? Alex mentioned that preorders would see the books before brick-and-mortar purchasers, but I would think that the delay has more to do with the additional hands the product must pass through between Crafty Games and the customer than intentional rudeness or unintentional insensitivity. Maybe I missed something...
jkusters
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:04 AM »

I'm probably just a bit dense, but where did they suggest that the person should have pre-ordered through the web site?

When I asked about when it would appear in retail stores (the subject of this thread) after indicating that it had been bought as a gift, Crafty_Alex responded with "If you preordered, you will be seeing the book sooner". I thought I clearly indicated I had not pre-ordered, that I was specifically asking about availability of the product in a retail store. The person giving the gift feels bad enough that he had to pre-order it (after initially being told it would be available by Solstice); implying that they should have ordered the book through the website instead seems insensitive to me. That, or my initial question was simply overlooked, which seems sloppy. *shrug*
Stubbazubba
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 09:06:36 AM »

That, or my initial question was simply overlooked, which seems sloppy. *shrug*

That, or Alex was addressing multiple related concerns in a single reply.  His wording suggests as much.  To actually refer to your specific situation, he would have worded it this way, "If you had preordered, you would be seeing the book sooner."  As is, it suggests that he's pre-emptively answering the question of "If I pre-ordered it direct from the site, will it be any faster?" which would almost certainly come up given Dreamstreamer's breakdown of the process.
Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »

When I asked about when it would appear in retail stores (the subject of this thread) after indicating that it had been bought as a gift, Crafty_Alex responded with "If you preordered, you will be seeing the book sooner". I thought I clearly indicated I had not pre-ordered, that I was specifically asking about availability of the product in a retail store. The person giving the gift feels bad enough that he had to pre-order it (after initially being told it would be available by Solstice); implying that they should have ordered the book through the website instead seems insensitive to me. That, or my initial question was simply overlooked, which seems sloppy. *shrug*

Ah, I can see how you see the implication "that they should have ordered the book through the website" given your expectations from the first post. Might I offer a possible alternative? Could it be that Crafty_Alex's first two sentences were to address your question, and the bit about preorders was added in anticipation of the (inevitable?) follow-up question from people that preordered as to when they would see their books?

Edit: And Ninja'd by Stubbazubba!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

Your game room, kid-friendly again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »

Thanks for the assist guys. Though I can't speak for Alex, I know that was his intent. We've always made it clear that direct orders are the likeliest to arrive first, if only because - as everyone's mentioned - there are many more hands involved in getting a product into stores.

In answer to that question BTW, it's still going to be a bit. We're very close to shipping the master files to the printer now, but the printing process usually takes 4-6 weeks (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less), and there's shipping and distribution to consider after that (usually the same stretch of time, again give or take, to get books from the printer to our fulfillment house to distributors and finally into stores).

Direct order sales will be shipped as soon as we receive the books back from the printer, which should probably shave about a month off that process (once again, give or take).

We'll keep you posted as it all comes together.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
jkusters
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »

So, June, then, for those of us who had caring people in our lives purchase the book for a Christmas/Solstice gift at our friendly local gaming store. Gotcha.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »

So, June, then, for those of us who had caring people in our lives purchase the book for a Christmas/Solstice gift at our friendly local gaming store. Gotcha.

For what it's worth, we are sorry for that. Unfortunately we would have been unable to deliver the softcover books to stores by December even if the book at been available at Gencon.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: