Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 11:19:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Full plate ideas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Full plate ideas  (Read 1590 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 03:57:21 AM »

Excuse me, good sir, I believe you are forgetting one Napoleon Boneparte.

*coughwaterloocough*

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 03:58:45 AM »

One man does not an army make. Most of the soldiers in Napoleon's army were pure blooded French. Plus, Corsica is a French territory, so that argument is invalid  Tongue.

In addition to Waterloo, Trafalgar, and the Spanish campaign, Napoleon led the French army to one of the most catastrophic defeats in their history - leading half a million men into Russia kitted out for a summer campaign alone, and bringing home only 10,000, as depicted here:

(click to show/hide)

Whatever his successes, his ambition ultimately led to his own destruction.  (Like other emperors before him, his overconfidence was his weakness Wink.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:00:48 AM by paddyfool » Logged
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 04:05:13 AM »

Not to mention the Luisiana Purchase and putting his idiot relative in charge of Mexico.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »

Not to mention the Luisiana Purchase and putting his idiot relative in charge of Mexico.

Monarchy or Republic, nepotism always seems to be an issue in France, and my first (serious) GF was French...  Undecided

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »

The point wasn't that he was eventually defeated, which he obviously was, just that the French Military went uphill from Agincourt, at least for a little while.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 01:24:43 PM »

even the Cleavland browns have been known to win a game or two.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »

A broken clock is still correct twice a day.  Grin

SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »

A broken clock is still correct twice a day.  Grin
Unless it's a 24 hour clock, then it's only right once a day.

Or it's digital, then it's never right.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

most analog 24 hour clocks still only have 12 hour places, and each place represents 2 different hours, 1 and 13, 2 and 14.....

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
pawsplay