Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 08:29:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Movie News, Reviews, & Reactions 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie News, Reviews, & Reactions 2012  (Read 33927 times)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »

World War Z Trailer

Havent read the book, so i only get to judge by what i see... and i'm not sure yet... I like the zombie "wave" idea...

You should read the book.  9 out of 10 shamblers agree.

Agreed, read the book.

Also, mixed feelings about the trailer, but holy crap that
(click to show/hide)
scene was awesome scary.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 09, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »

World War Z Trailer

Havent read the book, so i only get to judge by what i see... and i'm not sure yet... I like the zombie "wave" idea...

You should read the book.  9 out of 10 shamblers agree.

Agreed, read the book.

Also, mixed feelings about the trailer, but holy crap that
(click to show/hide)
scene was awesome scary.

Yeah, it looks like it'll probably be a decent zombie action flick but it looks like it's World War Z in name only.

(click to show/hide)

Ah, well, Hollywood...

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: November 09, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »

Why do people responsible for these things feel the need to slap an unrelated property's name onto their films?  In absolutely no way is that a World War Z film.  You'd think that if you're gonna drop a bunch of cash to secure the rights to a story you'd actually use that story (not to mention that by doing shit like this you stop people who want to legitimately adapt something from doing so).

At least it looks like a half reasonable action driven zombie film, so that's nice.  It still pisses me off that this means we won't get a proper World War Z adaptation.
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 09, 2012, 11:09:59 PM »

Why do people responsible for these things feel the need to slap an unrelated property's name onto their films?  In absolutely no way is that a World War Z film.  You'd think that if you're gonna drop a bunch of cash to secure the rights to a story you'd actually use that story (not to mention that by doing shit like this you stop people who want to legitimately adapt something from doing so).

At least it looks like a half reasonable action driven zombie film, so that's nice.  It still pisses me off that this means we won't get a proper World War Z adaptation.

I have a small hope that maybe it turns into Brad Pitts recollection of events as he tours the dead lands.. but.. yeah.. it may just be another Day of the Dead.

(click to show/hide)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: November 10, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »

Brad Pitt not only stars in it but also he optioned the book, it is produced by him and his Plan B production house.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 10, 2012, 03:37:21 AM »

I have thought about it a little more and I can say one good thing about the trailer. I can guarantee that I will not be disappointed that the movie does not match up with the book when I go see it, I can tell that much from the trailer. I've gotten the disappointment out of the way already, so I can go watch the movie without 'book-bias' and enjoy (or not) based it on it's own merits (or flaws).

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: November 10, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »

I'm quite tired of zombies altogether.... I just keep watching and reading  walking dead because the.comic was so damn good and i started reading it way before the zombies became suuuch a mainstream fashion and crooped everywhere and in everything. I'm telling you... im feed up with all this z fever...

I probably wont see the movie in the theaters but i find interesting the reactions... i checked the wikipedia entry and it seems that the first script was written by Straczynski and the Pitt character traveled all over the world interviewing people which seemed more faithful to the book. later came another writer... and more changes so i dont know how much is left of that approach
if the final script had been the jms one... i would have seen it.

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: November 10, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »

Honestly, I got tired of the whole zombie idea about 5 yrs ago

Living Spycraft Masterm
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 10, 2012, 11:41:47 AM »

Mark Wahlberg is the new leading man of Transformers 4

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 10, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »

Honestly, I got tired of the whole zombie idea about 5 yrs ago

The only part of Zombies I never actually got into was the movie/tv show see. I like the literature though, the first book I read was World War Z and it just spun off from there. The only zombie movie I watched that I really liked was Zombie Land. From what I have seen though, most everyone is tired of Zombies. I just get tired of the movies because they all tend to feel the same...

ANYWAY... Transformers 4, it's cool they are making another one, but I don't really know who this Mark Wahlberg fellow is. The the articles I've read seem to like him though.

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: November 10, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »

...but I don't really know who this Mark Wahlberg fellow is. The the articles I've read seem to like him though.

You might remember him from his musical career in the late 80's/early 90's...
(click to show/hide)

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2012, 04:46:41 AM »

*post made while sleep-deprived is go!*

So I was thinking to myself about the news that Disney is now coming out with a new Star Wars movie.  Then I realized "hey, doesn't Disney also do Marvel movies now?"

Then I thought "OMG, Star Wars/Avengers crossover!"

Thor's Hammer vs. Lightsabers!

Captain America becomes a Jedi Knight!

Someone makes a Nick Fury w/ purple lightsaber reference!

Man some days I wish I drank coffee!

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 13, 2012, 01:25:22 AM »

It's rumoured that Darth Vader is to be resurrected

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 13, 2012, 01:49:13 AM »

The plan is for Darth Vader to return and play a significant role in the new films.

Fellow old favourites Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia – played by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher – have already been tipped to reprise their respective roles.

My reaction.

That is all.

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: November 13, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

Want to hear the entire score for the Hobbit, for free and legal and stuff? You know you do..

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »