Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 10:23:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Movie News, Reviews, & Reactions 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie News, Reviews, & Reactions 2012  (Read 33802 times)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »

That's true ... always like me some Adrianne Palicki too.

For those who like Stargate, it looks like the entire franchise is coming off of NetFlix InstantPlay. Atlantis has already disappeared and SG-1 disappears on August 15th. I'm trying to find out but have not heard anything back yet. I'm hoping it is just being temporarily rotated out.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2012, 06:54:27 AM »

I like that Red Dawn trailer. Didn't they finish the film 3 yrs ago? ...Take about capitalizing on Hemsworth.

Hmm, Thor, Wonder Woman, and the Comedian together for the first time.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 11, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »

the crew from mst3k are having a showing at theaters, i am not sure how the live thing will work, but the master would not like it if you did not go.
http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/rifftrax_manos.aspx?utm_source=IGN&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=RiffTraxManos

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 13, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »

Anyone else see Bourne Legacy?

I thought it was pretty decent, with one fundamental problem: it spends too long justifying its own existence.

The movie notionally starts concurrently with the events of the Bourne Ultimatum, and takes many of its stylistic cues from that movie. It creates a new mythology in which Treadstone is just one of several related super-assassin project. The protagonist, Aaron Cross, is one of a handful (I think 9) operatives of a project called Outcome, and is spurred into action when the director of Outcome decides to shut down the project "with extreme prejudice", including all operatives and scientists in the know.

It's an interesting mythology. But it takes way to long to set up and leaves too little time for action. Discounting a little scene in which Cross sets up a wolf to take the fall for him, it takes one hour for the first punch to fly.

Fortunately, once the action starts, it gets pretty good. There was as scene that started out looking like the foot chase/fight in The Bourne Ultimatum (one of the best in film afaiac), but turns into one of the most riveting motorized chase scenes i have seen in a while.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: August 13, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »

I'm in agreement, Psion. They could have used another 15-30 minutes instead seemingly ending it short. I did not mind all the tie ins at all but the ending could have been just a little more robust. That particular chase sequence was pretty awesome especially since both actors were really on the motorcycle the entire time. Rachel Weisz said,"I had to trust Jeremy completely." It actually shows in her face during certain parts. Renner is wearing sunglasses most of the time so we cannot see how terrified he might have been. Some of that chase reminded me of Carrie-Anne Moss on the freeway in the 2nd Matrix film.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 13, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »

Wait, it has Rachel Weisz? (Adds to list of "must sees" Wink
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »

Wait, it has Rachel Weisz? (Adds to list of "must sees" Wink

Yep. I expected to be mixing her up with "Evie" in my head the whole time, but the near total absence of a British accent helped correct that expectation.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 13, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

Yep, saw Bourne Legacy.  In agreement that it starts too slow and ends to soon.

(click to show/hide)

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »

Inescapable: Think Taken, but with Dr. Bashir, Mona Lisa Vito, and Peter Bishop, by way of Syria, with a mild smattering of spook-iness for good measure

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 15, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »

Inescapable: Think Taken, but with Dr. Bashir, Mona Lisa Vito, and Peter Bishop, by way of Syria, with a mild smattering of spook-iness for good measure

You forgot Ardeth Bay.

I've always liked Alexander Siddig. I thought he was one of the better actors and characters on DS9.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

This has little to do with the typical movies we discuss here, but I found the trailer, and the promo campaign of it, quite interesting and after seeing the clips I'm hoping it works out. And because I wont be able to see it (and actually doubt it will ever get to spain), maybe some of you can.

Sleepwalk with me

Promo with the creatos starring

Joss Whedon asking to boycott this movie. Indie films are a danger to great productions! Cheesy

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 17, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »

Here's an interesting short film called The Feeling of Unreality.

And here is a vampire series from the same folks.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 17, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »

The hyperlink goes to Joss asking for a boycott.

Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »

Yeah, he's being sarcastic about the entire thing too

Living Spycraft Masterm
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 17, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »

Yeah, he's being sarcastic about the entire thing too

Yes, I caught that.  I was referring to the fact that the Joss link is there twice.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: