Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 11:06:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Feat-Spear basic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feat-Spear basic?  (Read 879 times)
KidEternal
Recruit

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:17:35 AM »

When you take the feat spear basic you get the (stance) Monkey's grip -you may wield a single 2-handed melee weapon with one hand
Does that take away the normal -4 you would take for doing this without this feat I'm assuming yes ,just curious what others thoughts are on it ?
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »

Yes, the point of the stance is to eliminate the penalty.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:09:36 AM »

Yes, that's what the feat does. But, it also does it for *all* two handed weapons, not just spears.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 02:23:10 AM »

Note that it only works in that stance, and you begin combat inthe Normal stance.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
KidEternal
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »

Yeah knew all the stance stuff and about it working for all two handers just wanted to make sure I got the basic part of it right,thanks for all the info very helpful.
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:53:39 AM »

I believe it's been mentioned that you can walk around in a stance, if you want to (and if the stance allows movement). I think the main drawback is that people could probably tell you were looking for trouble.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »

I believe it's been mentioned that you can walk around in a stance, if you want to (and if the stance allows movement). I think the main drawback is that people could probably tell you were looking for trouble.

I also allow players to start in a stance if combat doesn't begin suddenly.  For example - if there's a bit of a stand off and talks break down, the players who realise a scuffle is coming can draw weapons and enter their stance pre-combat.  Sorta like the fantasy equilivent of pointing a firearm at one another while shouting to stand down and surrender.  Same with player initiated ambushes - they can start the ambush in stance (that may be an actual rule though, can't recall).
Gentry