Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 09:58:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  World on Fire: A Review
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World on Fire: A Review  (Read 23179 times)
Merxiless
Jr. Agent

Control - Joint Operations Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »

I haven't played the CCG.

I bought it for the rules, mostly. 

But, once in, I am going to adapt it for my own ongoing SC 2.0 game.

And I'd agree with: CT, via Bond, by J. J. Abrams.   That's on the mark, or close enough to hit wound points.

Control - Joint Operations Group
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »

The discussion on WoF factions: http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=553.0

Default good guys: Shadow Patriots, Krypt, Banshee Net, Nine Tiger Dynasty, Bloodwine Syndicate & Paradox Society.
Default bad guys: Project: Pitfall, the Eternals, the Franchise.

Haven't played CCG. But, here's a link for the cards: http://spycraft.cardsnotwords.com/index.html
You should find pictures for most of the CCG cards.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Slippery_jim_digris
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »

Somewhere I've got a pdf from the CCG that discribes the original factions. I'll see if I can find it for you (It's on one of my backup disks)

James Bolivar DiGris

Dance like it hurts. Make love like you need the money. Work while people are watching.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »

In the meantime, again, we ask that you pester your retailer, as it's the best way to get our books flowing regularly into stores. Don't believe them if they say the book isn't available - it is. If they say that, they're refusing to order it rather than not able to. Sometimes you can solve that with persistence; sometimes you just have to prove them wrong (perhaps by ordering it directly from Mongoose and running the game in their store).

Indeed, it did. Cheesy You were right when you said that the revised edition of core rules and WoF would be sent a bit everywhere. I was able to find and purchase the SC2.0 book in my usual store just today, and the setting is (re)scheduled for next week. By the way, you should be very proud of your products, because WoF lasted only few days in stores, and I just managed to get one of the last copies of SC2.0. The manager said that, considering the speed with which the book were sold, he would order twice more copies than what he first expected. I guess I was too pessimistic in believing french stores wouldn't follow Spycraft second edition, and certainly to slow after reading your answer. Anyway, I'm gonna have to be a little more patient, but being able to read the core rules on paper is already... awesome!  Tongue
Ezram
Handler

Ready, Steady, Go

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »

Then one day, they just flooded in. It takes time, but when it happens...watch out!  Cool

Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2008, 09:36:41 PM »

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know it worked out. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice