Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 02:14:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  The Long Road: IC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Long Road: IC  (Read 7318 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 01:27:23 AM »

i think i would rather keep the ground under my feet thank you very much. its just a solid ice wall, shouldnt be too tough to climb.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2012, 04:02:45 AM »

Kaze nods at Grandmother's suggestion. "I can go first. I don't carry much gear, so I shouldn't burden the spirits overly.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »

Killishandra snorts in bemusement. "I think you undrestimate your own power, Grandmother," she says, clapping the crone on the back. "Just get me and a rope up there, and I'll get the rest of you up there real quite like."

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »

Killishandra takes Bolo’s offered rope.
Grandmother mutters and curses in the tongue of her people and Killishandra begins to rise. Cold radiates from the cracked dry surface of the cliff. Alighting gently she plants her feet. The snow on the ledge is trodden down into a hard firm surface on the southern side. Form within the cave radiates flickering orange light and the round vowels and hard consonants of deep voices argueing in the tongue of the ice people. Vashkar lands beside her and between them the others are half dragged half climb up to the ledge One after another the travellers emerge out of the dark and quietly take their place on the narrow ledge. As the last is hauled up a woman’s voice rings out a short defiant phrase.
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2012, 09:02:52 AM »

Kieri Vane

Does Kieri understand any of the words being spoken?

I'd like to ask for my Free Hint from the GM now (or get a bonus AD)
While waiting to come up the rope, Kieri will use Encouragement on 1 ally (whoever asks for it) to grant them +1 morale bonus with saving throws until the end of the current scene.

As a support character, Kieri's contribution is likely some combination of:
- Taunt/Beguiling on 1 target to have them fixated for 1d6 rounds
- Be a flanking partner so a teammate can get Sneak Attack dice
- Use En Garde! (Fencing Blade Total Defense Trick) to provide some area control against targets moving into adjacent spaces (mostly useful against mooks)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »

Coiling up the rope, Killishandra loops it over shoulder as she draws her sword.

"Alright people, let's get this done real quiet like," she whispers. "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer."

"Hold on there, tall dark and gruesome," Grandmother elbows her in the thigh. "Who put you in charge?"

"I'm literally the biggest threat in this group," she answers back in a curt whisper.

"So, if you go in first, they're going to spot you and ruin things for all of us, aren't they?" The old crone tuts. "Get out of the way and let someone who knows what they're doing for a change scout things out."

Drawing her knife, Grandmother slinks forwards with effortless stealth to determine just whether or not the reward is worth all this.

(click to show/hide)

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:32:13 PM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »

(click to show/hide)
I'll do it for 2 scooby snacks Wink

Kieri Vane

Gentlemen, we've found the Princess in the Ice Castle. I make 6-7 of them by the voices.
You saw what they did to the Jarl. Let none of them live.

Kieri sneaks behind Grandmother and Killishandra, intending to keep hidden until she circles as close as possible to the captive, ready to react to keep the girl alive, and leaving the main assault to her powerful comrades.

(click to show/hide)

Vashkar

Vashkar waits for the signal before swooping into the the cave in a grand entrance, looking for an angle to unleash his fire without risking hitting the captive.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:30:23 PM by LordKruelos » Logged
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »

Kaze takes a deep breath and readies himself for strife, before following the rest into the cave as quietly as he can muster.

(click to show/hide)

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2012, 04:17:49 AM »

There are a series of dirty looks and elbows as Grandmother slides around other members of the party on the narrow ledge then creeps forward toward the cave entrance. Killishandra, Kieri, Kaze and Bolo follow behind grandmother. Meanwhile Vashkar take to the wing but keeps to one side of the entrance for fear of giving the game away. As they creep forward the cave entrance opens into a small cavern, there is no-one in the cavern and the cold wind still circles through the air here. On the other side a water carved passage leads into a bend. No doubt the kidnappers are somewhere around that bend out of the wind. Their fire is reflected off the ice and gives cold wall to the north a flickering orange glow. Standing in the entrance Bolo waves Vashkar across so the Drake can see his plan to fly in all wrath and fire has been thwarted by the vagaries of ice and water.
Grandmother sneaks on at her own short-legged pace, everyone behind her is forced to travel more slowly than they would like. The argueing voices are getting louder and the orage light of the fire shines dimly through the ice but it seems this cave carved by spring waters bores deeper into the glacier than you anticipated

(click to show/hide)
Vashkar's eye view, Grandmother has disapeared around the corner and the others will soon follow.

P1020427 by Coronoides, on Flickr

What is known of the winding ice cave

P1020430 by Coronoides, on Flickr

"I just do eyes"
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2012, 06:37:01 AM »

Grandmother creeps forward, waving the rest of the party to keep back lest they cramp her style -- and in doing so get her caught out. And that will never do, not at all!

Killishandra in turn holds up her hand to indicate everyone else should come to a halt as she has in order to await the crone's report.

(click to show/hide)

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »

bolo steps into line with everyone else.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2012, 05:07:10 AM »

The small hunched figure of Grandmother sneaks forward and soon rounds the bend, out of sight of Killishandra. Seconds tick by…
(click to show/hide)
after almost half a minute has passed the group breathes a quiet sigh of relief to see ol’ Nar-Kesh hobble around the corner.
“Well Dearies ‘tis as we suspected, there is no trolls only warriors of the ice-folk wearing false-footprint snow shoes who kidnapped Pitsiark. There are five around a meagre fire plus another who’s parka is embossed with spiral designs and has a great bone talisman around his neck. He would be the leader, sure enough…

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:35 AM »

"Well Dearies," the crone mutters, "'tis as we suspected, there is no trolls only warriors of the ice-folk wearing false-footprint snow shoes who kidnapped Pitsiark. There are five around a meagre fire plus another whose parka is embossed with spiral designs and has a great bone talisman around his neck. He would be the leader, sure enough…"

"So, he's the really dangerous one, then," Killishandra grunts. "Probably a shamen or spirit botherer of some kind."

"Maybe he's just fancy and doesn't deal well with women?" Grandmother suggests slyly. "But how many of you are cunning enough to not get me killed?" She jerks a thumb at the looming shape of the woman next to her. "You don't look like you could creep up on a party let alone a bunch of desperate kidnappers." The comment earns a growl, but it's a resigned one for Killishandra knows she speaks the truth. "Why don' you let Grandmother use her noggin and put the sleep on 'em first?"

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:18 AM »

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: