Author Topic: The Long Road: IC  (Read 13425 times)

Jigger

  • Jr. Agent
  • **
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
Quote
Grandmother
Pointing at the fleeing beast, "Give chase, don't let it get away!", she snarls.

Snatched into reality by the wave of Grandmothers hand, the beasts own flickering shadow gives chase and attacks.
What the blex are you starring at berk? Are you going to rattle your bone box or just keep piking around?

Fiendbasher

  • Agent
  • ***
  • Posts: 240
  • Good ≠ Nice
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »
Vashkar grumbles and lashes his tail in irritation as the snow beast begins to flee, drawing several of his companions behind it and back into line with his shot. Adjusting the angle of his bow, he looses the flaming arrow, arcing it high to lead the beast and meet it along its path of retreat. Now well-lit, the arrow streaks through the sky aflame and begins to descend like a falling star, just as Vashkar has breathed life into another and drawn it back....

Spoiler: show
Assuming the beast isn't dead... otherwise ignore.
Half action: Fire arrow - 1d20+4=19
Half action: Fire 2nd arrow - 1d20+4=9
Looks like he overestimated his lead on the second shot.
"I knew you were going to say that..."

Antilles

  • Mastermind
  • Control
  • *****
  • Posts: 3872
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
When the beast turns and runs, Kaze gives chase. He curves up around the beast and delivers a crushing flying kick to the beast's head, following up with a downward punch into it's right shoulder as he lands next to the beast.
Spoiler: show

Using a bit of diagonal movement, I believe I can make it to S36 in one Standard Move, at which point I'll kick it twice.

Free Action: Two-Hit Combo, can make 2 attacks in one half action, -2 to attack and skills
Half Action: Standard Move to S36.
Half Action: Two-Hit Combo the beast. Standard Attack #1: Kick, attack roll 1d20+9=28, I'll spend an AD to activate it, damage 1d4+10=11 lethal. Standard Attack #2: Kick, attack roll 1d20+9=20, damage 1d4+10=14 lethal.

Combat Stats:
Vitality: 39 Wounds 12
Defense 18 DR 0 Resistances Cold 7
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +7
Unarmed Attack: +9, 1d4+10 lethal, 18-20 threat range
Fending Stance: -2 threat range on incoming melee and unarmed attacks.
Parry uses left: 1.
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

foproy

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2622
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
moving oppisite kaze again bolo takes another swing with his knife

Spoiler: actions • show

hold till kaze moves move to flank
attack 11d20+6=22
damage 1d4+4+1d6=8 ap10
Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2012, 04:17:55 AM »
Round 4[/b]
Spoiler: Initiative • show

As rolled round one
Bolo
Kaze
Killishandra
The Creature’s
Keiri
Grandmother
Vashkar


Bolo Sees Kaze giving chase and percieves an opportunity to flank the beast will soon arise…
Kaze runs around and delivers a crushing flying kick to the beast's head which it shakes off, Kaze follows up with a downward punch into it's right shoulder as he lands next to the beast.
Spoiler: show
 Creature was Vit 60, Wounds 11 Tough I  absorbs the critical, second blow reduces Vit to 46.

Bolo is already running to flank and as Kaze delivers his punch the halfling cuts the bear-wolf’s flank. He arrives in time to hear the predators last rattling breath.
Spoiler: show
 Vit 38

Killishandra charges up Vigilant Blade slashes upward from below, opening a vicious gash along its left quarter from its knee to base of its tail that lays back hide and fat and flesh to expose bone, crimson droplets spraying gloriously outwards.
Spoiler: show
 Wounds now 1.  Fort save

The Creature [b/] moves into the darkness
Spoiler: show
 2 move actions
 1d20+5=8. Damage: damage (1d4+10=11)
Vitality now: 27

Keiri maintains her defensive stance.
Grandmother watches as the wolf shadow  gives chase into the darkness
Spoiler: show
 what do you want to do about the shadow you can no longer see?

Vashkar seeing the beast disappear into the dark holds his arrow

The hollow howls of the two wolf-bears echoes eerily out of the utter darkness beyond the light of fire and lamps
Spoiler: show
 map tomorrow, currently we are still in combat rounds

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12141
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2012, 04:29:56 AM »
Killishandra lets loose another savage, bestial howl. Rather than an attempt at dominance, this time it is victory cry intended to send her foe scurrying away to find somewhere to lick its grievious wounds and hope that other predators won't find it to finish it off.

Spoiler: show

Threaten: 1d20+5=21

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:28:59 PM by Mister Andersen »

LordKruelos

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1028
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
Keiri sees no reason to pursue the beast, leaving such things to the warriors.

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2012, 02:33:45 AM »
Round 5[/b]
Killishandra releases an unearthly howl
Spoiler: show
 your Threaten roll 21. Its roll unskilled 1d20+1 max 15. You win. 1d6 stress stress (1d6=6) Creature must make a Will save DC13. 1d20+4=14
Just passes.

The seconds tick on as you listen to the low moaning of the beast and the hollow reply of its shadow. Then there is a viscous snarl followed by a fading echo of a whimper. A low moan of disappointment rolls in from the dark and then there is silence.
Spoiler: show
 Out beyond your vision the creature turns and attacks it’s pursuer Bite (1d20+8=17) vs the shadow’s defence 13 is a hit. Damage with trip 2d10=10
x1/2 for damage defiance =5, Shadow damage save DC12: 1d20+2=7
Fail. The Shadow goes down.
The thing is out there somewhere licking its (many deep) wounds.


It is 16 tiring hours since the hunt began. You need to uncover the tracks the predator seemed to be following, you need to sleep.
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12141
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
Killishandra wipes her blade passingly clean on the snow before returning it to its scabbard.

"Come on," she grunts at the rest of the party once she's followed her tracks back to where the beast first came upon them, then casts about for her bearings. "We've got a princess to save."

[spoiler]
Search: 1d20+6=22


LordKruelos

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1028
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »
Kieri Vane

Quote
Bitch better not be in a different castle...


Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
Killishandra’s search for some clue comes up empty. The predator did seem to be following its prey towards the mountains so without tracking the kidknappers the best you can do is hasten in that general direction in the hope of finding your quarry before exhaustion sets in. The night is black without stars. Time passes as an endless trudging through ever deeper snow and the hills gradually become steeper. Even Grandmother eventually stops complaining and you carry on in silence. It is difficult to judge how long you were walking when the orange red speck of Artmor, the war god’s star, is spotted flickering low in the starless sky. A portend perhaps? Then there is a flash of lightening. By the light of that bolt you see you are at the crest of a long valley filled with a jumble of great blocks of ice and huge boulders. At the far end a great wall of ice, a tongue of a glacier bracketed by black granite cliffs. What you took to be Artmor, is an orange light issueing from an ice cave about 50’ up the sheer ice-wall of the glacier’s face.

Spoiler: well not a castle exactly... • show

so the scene is set for the final confrontation, what's you're plan?
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

Antilles

  • Mastermind
  • Control
  • *****
  • Posts: 3872
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2012, 01:03:16 AM »
Kaze stops and stares up at the ice wall and up towards the cave opening. He is reminded of a saying of his people, that he in a soft voice shares with his companions. "Following a false light only leads you deeper into darkness." He considers climbing the wall, but without tools climbing the sheer ice wall seems an overly optimistic proposition. He pauses to hear his companions' thoughts.

Spoiler: Reading Comprehension: FAIL • show

Got the wrong impression first time I read the text, thought we were on the glacier and the cave was a bit away, not that it was an opening in the middle of a sheer wall. Oh well, text changed to reflect reality.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:03:50 AM by Antilles »
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

LordKruelos

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1028
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2012, 05:45:42 AM »
Kieri Vane

Quote
We need to know what sort of foe we face -- Dare we risk our winged friend getting a look from a higher angle?

If we can lure them out of the cave to fight, someone might slip in behind to reach the hostage. If we have to fight inside the cave, the terrain may be tight and our options may be limited.



Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12141
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
Killishandra turns to Grandmother.

"Vashkar isn't going to have a problem, but do you have anything in your bag of tricks that will get one or more of the rest of us up to that cave mouth without making a noise?"

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: The Long Road: IC
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Vashkar wings his way upward and across the valley keeping his distance his keen night vision enables him to see well from the edge of the faint firelight projecting out of the cave. Directly in front of the cave the ice is smooth, perhaps a trickle of water flows in the brief summer, but a few feet to either side the cold dry surface of the ice has calved and cracked providing some chance of hand-holds. There is a  3' wide ledge at the level of the cave disappears out of the reach of the faint light to either side. The kidknapper’s do not seem to have posted any guards. Perhaps they do not expect any pursuit.
Spoiler: show

Vashkar flies within 200’ of the cave the extent of the faint light and is able to see unhindered while any lookout would likely be impaired.
The ice is not utterly smooth and sheer and could be climbed. How many checks you would have to make depends on your climb speed over the 50’ distance.

While he is away Grandmother answers Killishandra’s question with a cackle “ha ha, big tough killer-lady need puny old grandmother’s help eh? Well, deary ol’ Nar-Kesh might has a little something but even the spirits can’t turn a brick into a bladder. P’raps the great spirits send shorty here up" she nods in Bolo’s direction.
Spoiler: show

Grandmother can use the levitate spell and has enough spell points to use it up to 3 times. However the levitate spell only lifts 100Lb. Who ever goes up this way is going to have to be light and not carry much.
You guys cook up a plan. You can use the characters of absent players and roll for them. Include the wieght (guestimate) of character and gear sent up with levitate.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net